• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Went out riding with my son

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My son is down for a bit and he brought his bike. He is getting stationed in Virginia (in the Navy, a nuke engineer). It is about 42F right now, but I really want to go ride with him; he is the reason why I bought my NCX. My daughter wanted to go, too, so she rode with him. We went to Jefferson City to eat lunch, and then my wife was going to continue on to finish Christmas shopping. Here is a pic after we ate at McDonalds, before we left for home (a cold 40 mile drive). He has a 650 Ninja. He probably thought I drove like grandpa (well, I AM a grandpa :cool: ) since he is used to riding real fast.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable bike ride

P__2212.jpg

Thanks. It really is. I just wished it was a little warmer, but I'll take what I can get. Like I posted, he was the reason for me getting into bikes. When he was down last Christmas, he brought his bike and went riding by himself. I was kinda jealous/sad or whatever because I couldn't go with him. So, here we are now riding. Glad I healed up before he came down.

My son is down for a bit and he brought his bike. He is getting stationed in Virginia (in the Navy, a nuke engineer). It is about 42F right now, but I really want to go ride with him; he is the reason why I bought my NCX. My daughter wanted to go, too, so she rode with him. We went to Jefferson City to eat lunch, and then my wife was going to continue on to finish Christmas shopping. Here is a pic after we ate at McDonalds, before we left for home (a cold 40 mile drive). He has a 650 Ninja. He probably thought I drove like grandpa (well, I AM a grandpa :cool: ) since he is used to riding real fast.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable bike ride

View attachment 2243
nothing better than father/son-daughter fellowship....no matter what the temp. at least with the cold temps., you will not soon forget what you did on x-mas w-end 2012!!!!! my 2012 NC700x is setting in my shop awaiting warmer temps. i got lucky and was able to bring it home 2 weeks ago on a warm day. i put the first 100 miles on her on the way!!!!

Last edited:
My son just moved back to Tucson from Norfolk. He spent 5 years on the USS Enterprise. I told him to get his MC license and he can ride the 700X whenever he wants. He is a good rider and it would be fun to ride together.

[video=youtube;ZboGkCRJZ0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboGkCRJZ0s[/video]

Last edited:
42F is not bad when you have dry bare pavement like that to ride on. I'd go anytime. My NC stands in the garage awaiting a break in the rain, rain, rain. I admit, I'm a fair-weather rider, but then I don't have to commute on my bike. I don't play golf in the rain either. Glad you had some good bonding time with son and daughter. Many happy rides together.

Thanks all. It was a real treat riding. He will be stationed at Norfolk on the USS A. Lincoln and this will be his first assignment. He just graduated nuke school (almost 1.5 years of schooling) and is excited to be permanent party

Thanks all. It was a real treat riding. He will be stationed at Norfolk on the USS A. Lincoln and this will be his first assignment. He just graduated nuke school (almost 1.5 years of schooling) and is excited to be permanent party

Cool, you get to do Tiger Cruises! I did two on the Big E.

nothing better than father/son-daughter fellowship....no matter what the temp. at least with the cold temps., you will not soon forget what you did on x-mas w-end 2012!!!!! my 2012 NC700x is setting in my shop awaiting warmer temps. i got lucky and was able to bring it home 2 weeks ago on a warm day. i put the first 100 miles on her on the way!!!!

Here, Here! Time spent with family is golden.

42F is not bad when you have dry bare pavement like that to ride on. I'd go anytime. My NC stands in the garage awaiting a break in the rain, rain, rain. I admit, I'm a fair-weather rider, but then I don't have to commute on my bike. I don't play golf in the rain either. Glad you had some good bonding time with son and daughter. Many happy rides together.

You have a standing invitation to come and stay with us in sunny So. Cal. Our daughters are grown and moved out, so all you'd have to do is get here... Does checking the NC700x as carry on exceed the weight limit when you fly? Darn!

Some of my Best memories growing up were of me and My Dad, I had my first motorcycle when i was in the 6th (Honda CT70 grade).

When I was in the 8th grade a got a SL125.

My dad and i rode Every where, I did not have a drivers license as i was to young, I was about 14 at the time, but we still went everywhere.

I then got a CL350 when I was 16, then a coupe years later a CX500, a couple more years later a CB750, I kept the CB750 for a while, it was a fun bike

Some of my Best memories growing up were of me and My Dad, I had my first motorcycle when i was in the 6th (Honda CT70 grade).

When I was in the 8th grade a got a SL125.

My dad and i rode Every where, I did not have a drivers license as i was to young, I was about 14 at the time, but we still went everywhere.

I then got a CL350 when I was 16, then a coupe years later a CX500, a couple more years later a CB750, I kept the CB750 for a while, it was a fun bike

My son & I rode ATVs when he was growing up. Had many fun trips to the mountains of Ark. I am riding my Honda Rubicon, & he is riding his Honda Foreman 400 167249_1760503223516_5952667_n.jpg

Back