• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

lol yes, I have no intention of taking it off. The plate inside sandwiches it to the rack. Its just a cleaner look. Its expandable and holds my shoei neotec 2 that won't fit in the frunk.

I can carry a plug kit and compressor in the handy frunk now so I don't get stranded on the road with a flat. The frunk can actually hold more than that.

The wife and I broke out the Ruckus scooters today for a 20 mile ride. ‘Twas a bit windy from the south. Being carbureted, the Rucki spend the winter with drained carb bowls, but today they’re back in service!

The Yuasa battery in my wife’s Ruckus is 8.5 years old, but the scooter started up right away, no problem.

The wife and I broke out the Ruckus scooters today for a 20 mile ride. ‘Twas a bit windy from the south. Being carbureted, the Rucki spend the winter with drained carb bowls, but today they’re back in service!

The Yuasa battery in my wife’s Ruckus is 8.5 years old, but the scooter started up right away, no problem.
As we sell and service motorcycles, all of us are encouraged to ride. Mandatory for sales staff. A local training program will take employees free when there’s an empty slot. A young lady who is a Service Advisor has been hesitant, so we convinced her that a Ruckus was the answer (she took the training, even though it’s not required for a Ruckus). She took delivery a few weeks ago and is having a blast. I wouldn’t be surprised if a season on two wheels doesn’t convince her to move up.

Today, I installed the Givi engine guards on my Himalayan. Also, I decided the SW Motech handguards on my NC700S (they’re for the X, so they’re not a perfect fit) would be better on the Himalayan. They worked perfectly, except that I had to lose the stock handlebar weight. I will find a way to re-mount those down the road. Finally, I came up with a solution for the ugly silver bottom on the windshield. Stickers. Normally, I hate stickers on vehicles, but I thought this would be less ugly, or at least it would be MY choice of ugly. (I should note that the cap on my pickup bed is also exempt from my No Stickers rule. A truck cap HAS to have stickers.)

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
Another ride into work, although today for some reason there was very little traffic, so it was just Me, Myself, and I :) on my bike this morning. It was a nice ride at or around the speed limit through the hilly, curvy, rural roads into Cape Girardeau, MO to the University where I work at. Of course, after entering town traffic got much heavier.

Yesterday evening was interesting though, they had a clear morning forecast but possible showers/thunderstorms in the late afternoon. I rode regardless and sure enough about halfway home, I met the rainstorm but it wasn't too bad really, enough rain to wash all of the bugs off of my helmet visor and my Tourmaster one-piece suit.

Day 92... a 44 miler on the CB @ 78 degrees, partly cloudy and very windy. Filled up with gas, had gone 141 miles of this tank and took 2.4 to refill for 58 miles per gallon. Not bad for an 1142 cc inline 4.

It was another all electric day for us. The wife drove the Bolt car, I rode the Zero motorcycle. Today‘s ride was one of those where the temperature and the clouds make everything just right, and you want to just keep on riding even if you’re going no place in particular.

I took my, new to me, 2017 PCX150 out for another spin around my area. Bought a new HJC i100 helmet and filled up the gas tank again. I expected better than the 93 mpg that I've been getting each fill up, but the scooter wasn't really designed to haul someone my size around.

Back