• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Changed oil and filter for the 20th time. Checked chain tension and lubed it, checked tire pressures. Ready to rock n roll!

Spec calls for oil every 4K and filter every 8k. SAME FILTER & OIL AS THE NC lol
Air cooled engines can expose oil to higher operating temperatures compared to liquid cooled engines hence the throwback to 4000 mile intervals.

Changed out the weak stock battery on the Himalayan with a 300 cca LiPo battery--actually got from Home Depot as I had a leftover gift card that I won a year ago at a Bikes and Breakfast---was about $80---so far so good-despite the fiddly installation as everything is very tight and the fact that it was about 100 degrees in my driveway--despite the shade tarp.

Last Thursday we got back from an eight day trip to Maine on the Can Am. We tried to stay off of interstates as much as possible. Southern Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine have some really nice roads to ride. We saw lots of bikes as Laconia Bike Week was just ending.

Several firsts for my wife:
Longest day at 284 miles
First time riding in the rain
First multi-day ride
First time ever packing light
First time buying ice cream before 10:00 am.

1500 miles round trip to take a 3 hour boat ride to see Puffins.

I had to go and take a couple pictures of my bike Friday morning and share. The main reason is that I went over 145k miles on my way into work. It's showing its age somewhat and probably will be sold/passed on to someone else cheaply or traded in on another bike. That being said, it's been taking me to work most every day for quite a few years.

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpeg
    IMG_2337.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Back