• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you pay for service?

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's an email I just got....
(removed names to keep it anonymous!)
It lists basic service costs for an NC700x.

What do you pay for service?

I just received the email you sent in requesting pricing for service on your NC700x.
For an oil change only you would be looking around $80.00 parts and labor.
As far as a tune and service we offer a few different serviced for this unit.
A minor service which is recommended every 4,000 miles is $267.00 plus any applicable parts, and
a major service which is recommended every 8,000 miles is $356.00 plus parts and includes a valve adjustment.

Please feel free to call me anytime at our shop ###-###-#### Thank You!

seems high to me... is it like this everywhere?

Last edited:
The NC does not need a 4,000 mile service only every 8,000, you could change the oil every 4,000 but no 'Minor' service at $267.00 is worth it or required!

I'm emailing every dealer I can find in my area to see who has a reasonable price.
The one I listed is the same dealership who wanted to charge $9,000 for the NC700x.
I had hoped that their service department might be more reasonable, but maybe not!

If I was you, walk away - they are just hungry for money and even if you are wise they will sting you else where.

My dealership are like extended family. Would bend over backwards and help as much as they can. World class.

Unless you do most of the maintenance yourself your bike ownership is going to get expensive. The service manual is much cheaper.
Mike

Unless you do most of the maintenance yourself your bike ownership is going to get expensive. The service manual is much cheaper.
Mike

I used to do the oil change and filter when I last had a motorcycle... $80 for that seems ridiculous.
I will order the manual....if they ever get it in....until then, I'm at some dealer's mercy.

Anyone know how to change the oil? Pictures?

I used to do the oil change and filter when I last had a motorcycle... $80 for that seems ridiculous.
I will order the manual....if they ever get it in....until then, I'm at some dealer's mercy.

Try reading the owner's manual that others asked everyone in prior posting: "Please read the owner's manual"

PAGE 76-79 covers it. Double check and read the NOTICES and WARNINGS as well........it is possible to do serious damage to the bike and your self and others.

It is very easy with this bike.the filter is in the front right side you can't miss it.drain plug if you lay on ground look up about the end of seat on the shift side of bike you will see it.my has blue paint on it.the manual shows you all the locations.i looked up on YouTube for a how to with my other bike but so far no videos for this one yet.i hope this helps.and as others have said read all the warnings and good stuff first.

The dealer that sold me my DCT didn't have the clutch filter in stock (and wasn't sure when they would have them in) when I was getting ready to do the initial 600 mile maintenance, so I'm not too sure how they would have done it for me. Don't remember the what they quoted me to do it, but it was enough that I didn't give it a second thought.

Try reading the owner's manual that others asked everyone in prior posting: "Please read the owner's manual"

PAGE 76-79 covers it. Double check and read the NOTICES and WARNINGS as well........it is possible to do serious damage to the bike and your self and others.

Yup, it is in the owner's manual, even a illustration of the drain plug.

+1000. Please read the manual that came with the bike. We did.

Prior to asking how to check the valves (which is not in the owner's manual), search this forum because members have posted procedures and photos on that subject, and purchase/read the shop manual.

Greg

Last edited:
It is very easy with this bike.the filter is in the front right side you can't miss it.drain plug if you lay on ground look up about the end of seat on the shift side of bike you will see it.my has blue paint on it.the manual shows you all the locations.i looked up on YouTube for a how to with my other bike but so far no videos for this one yet.i hope this helps.and as others have said read all the warnings and good stuff first.

I never meant to seem reluctant to read the manual. I work as a computer tech, and I'm very familiar with how frustrating it is when folks won't read a manual...even for simple things.

600 miless is near so I think I'll change the oil and filter myself. I'll start with the owner's manual and order the service manual.

I can find the drain plug, and I can probably find the oil filter assembly if I look hard enough..
remove the drain plugh, drain the oil.
remove the oil filter...replace with new.
fill it with 10w30 synthetic..
I'm done.
Thanks for all the encouragement.
(I haven't read the manual yet) but is there anything else needs doing at the 600 mile mark?

the site warns that it's out of stock, but you're right...that doesn't mean I can't order it anyway.

well...i just tried, and there's no way to add it to your cart to buy it, and if I click on the link that says it will tell me when the manual comes in stock, it just stalls.

soo... for the moment you just can't order it...online...I could call....I know... I hate calling.....I'll wait until I can order it online.

Last edited:
Fremont Honda charged me $60 for the 600 mile break-in oil change, filter, and replaced the transmission filter on the DCT. Fair price IMHO. Other than oiling the chain, I'll. to need another factory (or self) service until 8000 miles.

at least one dealer confirms the pricesI listed. ....hhhmm....
Well, I think I can do the oil change myself, but I'll be biting the bullet and taking it in to the dealer for the 8000 mile services.
Thanks o everyone who replied.

Strat-- You're going to need a wrench to get that factory-installed oil filter off, if your experience is like most of ours. You can either get a cup-style that fits it and engages the flats on the end, or you can punch a LARGE screwdriver through the filter body and use it as a handle to screw it off. If you haven't done that before, or are at all reluctant, get a cup-style wrench from a dealer or mail-order house. I looked at auto parts stores, too, but the ones in my area didn't have any that were small enough.

Back