• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Farkles to Buy From the Stealership?

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just put $1000 down on a NC700X and plan to pick it up Monday morning. I would like a top case and pannier bags, but after adding up all of the nickel and dime things, it adds up to around $1800. I noticed the Givi and Hepco and Becker websites have similiar cases, as well as the fancy aluminum boxes, and I am not sure which way to go.

Also, are the fairing deflector and the lower deflectors worthwhile to buy?

I am a straight up rider, used to my ST1100. How does the stock windshield do vs. the tall windshield sold by Honda.

I would appreciate your opinions about this.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

If you do a search, each of the topics you brought up has been discussed in detail.

Hope you like the NC. Mine is a prefect compliment to my other bikes and I hardly even think about the FZ6 I sold to get it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

As tweak89 said there are several discussions on the subjects. At 6’1 the stock windscreen was too short. I added the factory taller windscreen which gets the majority of the wind over the top of my helmet but I do get some bugs on my face shield. I believe some of the aftermarket ones are taller.

I just checked out a site that showed the Integra, I hadn't see it before. The first thing I thought is that the windshield mount looks the same and the shield appears to be very large. It might be something to check out, I will not be trading out shields anytime soon but if I ever win the lottery.

I have the Honda touring screen fitted and at 5' 9" I find it very effective on the motorway. I also find the foot and leg deflectors quite usefull. I hope this helps

Last edited:
I am also considering an engine guard from Givi or SW Motech, but am not sure if they would interfere with each other. Does anyone have experience with this?

I bought the taller windscreen from Honda and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it long term. It definately helps take the wind off of my body and shoulders, but I'm getting increased noise and buffeting on my helmet. It's not as bad as my last bike/helmet and it's tolerable but it could be better. I think eventually I'm going to get one of the bigger ones from CalSci. I also have the Honda rear luggage rack with the top case. I like it, it serves it's purpose, but hindsight I would have gone with an aftermarket brand as you have to cut the rear plastic pieces to intsall the luggage rack. As far as I know you don't have to do that with ANY of the aftermarket ones.

As far as I know you don't have to do that with ANY of the aftermarket ones.

Seems a little backward, no? Cutting the factory plastic for the factory case, and not having to cut for something NOT designed by the factory?

Well, I went ahead and ordered a CalSci large windshield for the NCX. The dealership would only give me 10% off list, but BikeBandit discounts their OEM Honda items already, then lets me take an additional 10% Dairyland Insurance discount. Adding this up I can get 25% off list, no state sales tax, and free shipping. I wish BikeBandit would carry Hepco and Becker items.

I like the Pelican case panniers, but am debating buying used 1550 cases and buying the mounts and doing it myself. Instead of a top case, I am thinking about buying a rack and installing an enlargement so that I can attach soft bags to it. I am leaning to Hepco and Becker Alurack instead of the Honda rack, but am worried that the Honda rack not being compatible with the side racks.

Any thoughts?

I have ordered a CalSci large windshield and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I will submit a report on how it works after installing it.

Back