• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is Best and Easiest Way to fix Seat

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I was actively reading this forum when I first got my NC700X, and have seen modifications to the seat, other seats, etc. Which is the most comfortable?

Similar to selecting a pillow or matress...depends on what you like or dislike about the seat you already have. ;)

The easiest is probably a cushion, like an air-hawk, sheepskin or beads. One more advantage being they're transferable to your next bike; whereas you'll have a hard time getting the value of an aftermarket seat back.

Which is the most comfortable?
The one that is custom made to fit your body and riding ergonomics.

Russell Day Long saddles comes to mind, there are other saddle makers that also will build you a custom seat.

That would be the best, easiest and not surprisingly, most expensive option but..... you will be comfortable ;-)

I have done the "showkey mod" AKA the mod that was shown in the link that Therapy posted, and it made an immediate improvement in seat comfort, but im still wanting to stand up if I go more than a couple hours. In the spring I am going to try a "Sit and Fly" seat cover ordered on eBay. I have heard good things and for $20 it is a low risk experiment.

Here is the conversation about the sit and fly

Many of the benefits of the Sit & Fly are also present in the venerable beaded seat covers. :eek:

By the way, asking a large group "what is the most comfortable seat" is similar to asking runners about the best running shoe - everyone will have a different opinion! And even if you went with the majority, it's no assurance that it'll work for your backside and riding style.

Last edited:
I have done the "showkey mod" AKA the mod that was shown in the link that Therapy posted, and it made an immediate improvement in seat comfort, but im still wanting to stand up if I go more than a couple hours. In the spring I am going to try a "Sit and Fly" seat cover ordered on eBay. I have heard good things and for $20 it is a low risk experiment.

Here is the conversation about the sit and fly
I've done both, definitely an improvement and the cheapest option, but probably not the best.

I've had a seat concepts for 3-4 years and have been very happy with its comfort. It does make you about an inch taller. I have lowered the bike with soupy's adjustable dog bones lowered the front 7/8 inch and rox risers to get the bars closer to me. I've been very happy with this setup.
Bob

I went with leveling the seat flat mod with an air hawk. Note that leveling will increase your seat height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done the Show-Key mod and added the Sit & Fly cover. Both have worked for me. My longest rides are just a tad over 200 miles, prior to making the modifications the seat was very uncomfortable - now I ride in comfort. For about $25, it is worth the investment to see how it works for you. I will say that the Sit & Fly with the Show-Key mod has added about a 1/2inch increase in seat height.

Back