• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is your NC700x bad habit??

Not riding it enough, lol

But truthfully, I would say keeping the revs way too high, so I can hear the wonderful deep bass of the DanMoto exhaust on the over run, even though I know it's killing my mpg's, and the muffler is much louder than it should be...:eek:

I am more than likely going to be trying to stuff some extra sound deadening material in it, or tweaking the baffle a bit attempting to tone it down this summer, so I'm thinking of my present (bad) riding habit as only a temporary aberrance. :rolleyes: :whistles innocently:

Leaving the key in the Top Box latch and then looking all over for the key.

I have a number of bad habbits. Let me list them:

I've left the frunk open a number of times, it's a surprising thunk to the gut when it springs open at 40 MPH
I've left the key on the frunk keyhole, and walked away. Not a big deal, until you realize that it's on a crowded manhattan street!
I am CONSTANTLY fishing for a 7th gear. I think the gearing could use some work on this bike.
I always ride it like a stole it
I have never washed the bike. Over a year, and 14k miles, never washed it. I maintain the chain, and that requires a bit of cleaning, but that's all it gets.

It's wierd to me that several people have made the comment about a 7th gear. I find myself leaving it in 5th every so often. I guess I'm jsut used to the higher revs.

Agree,it runs better in 5th,I'm always going in 6th,then dropping back to 5.just seem to like it better there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My bad habbit with this bike is riding like its a sports bike,under the excuse "its does such good miles per gallon" ,so it can,t hurt so go a little faster...Well it can hurt if the cops catch me,,but not too bad in the wallet department ....Great fun though!!!....

My bad habit is thinking this is really an adventure bike and going a bit off road trail riding with the original tires and then finding out it really isn't a GS. Sorry. My honest view.
She is however still a great bike on road! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back