• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What seat is installed on your NC700?

What seat is installed on your NC700?

• Stock seat

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Stock seat with external pad or sheepskin

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Stock seat - owner modified internally

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Professionally built/modified on stock seat pan

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • BMS - Bill Mayer Saddles

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Seat Concepts

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Sargent

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Shad

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Russell Day-Long

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Corbin

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that a number of seat options are available, what seat does your NC700 have? Poll allows only ten choices so I did my best.

Last edited:
I've got the BMS - Bill Mayer Saddles. I've not heard a whole lot of people mention owning this one. It is definitely better than stock (for me) but I would not call it perfect. The longest I've ridden on it was 7 hours. Started to feel a little fatigue but it was much better than how I felt after riding five hours on the stock seat when I met up with Bamamate. One thing I really like about it is the cover material. It is somewhat coarse and prevents sliding.

Also have the BMS. Vast improvement over stock. I did a ride in, so I was able to tweak it while they were building. Done plenty of long days and have been happy with it until the most recent trip, but I think that had more to do with my being out of shape than the seat itself.

Mine's a BMS. Sent in my front Honda seat. Waited awhile. Got the BMS seat sent back to me, and have been happy ever since. In the summertime I add a beaded cover.

Sticking with the stock seat till I get the suspension tweeked in. Lowering the rear will probably eliminate the need to raise the seat front 3/4" as described in another thread.

Corbin with Showkey's slope mod. MUCH better than stock, but not worth the bucks IMO. My goal is to ride tank to tank and the Corbin has got me to the point where I can roll a hundred miles or so before wanting to stop, where the stock seat had my butt screaming for relief after less than 50 miles :D

Another corbin with slope mod here. Glad I got it secondhand. Wouldn't be happy with how much work it is to get on and pillion latch functioning if i shelled out full price.

Another corbin with slope mod here. Glad I got it secondhand. Wouldn't be happy with how much work it is to get on and pillion latch functioning if i shelled out full price.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had to shim the crap out of the rear seat latch prongs to get it to actually latch and unlock.

Mine fits two categories. It's a professionally modified seat rebuilt on the stock seat pan, but the professionals that did the work are Sargent seats.
I'm happy with the result.

Bob

Thanks for all your participation so far. Keep the votes coming!

Last edited:
Happy with my Corbin

I'm still using my Corbin. It was a ride into Corbin's for the initial purchase, plus two additional trips to Corbin's for fine tuning of the shape and foam. Since I bought the Corbin I have also done two Seat Concepts foam & covers, a Sargent's seat, and a local upholster's creation, but I always come back to the Corbin. If you live close enough to Corbin's for a ride in appointment and subsequent fine tuning visits, I would definitely go Corbin. I have only purchased the front Corbin Seat, and have no comment or need for the Corbin rear seat.
I have never tried a Shad Seat, but am willing to give it a go. I'm waiting for a resale on this Forum. But until then, I'm happy with my Corbin.

Looks as if the Shad Comfort Seat is the overall leader so far in the stock replacement seat choice!
Must be comfortable!

Last edited:
Seat Concepts. Very happy with it. I suspect I'd be happier with either a Russell Day long or maybe a Bill Mayer or Copeland but at less than $200 for the seat concepts upgrade I couldn't justify the extra $$$ for the others. I suspect the Shad is about on par with the Seat Concepts Seat from what I've read.

I do have both a sheepskin pad and an Airhawk pad that I will probably use on rides over 600 miles (in a day) just to have a different platform for a bit.

Back