• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

When uploading a picture, what does error 403 mean.

Last edited:
Figured out how to get around the 403 error message. Email picture to yourself. Upload picture to your camera roll. Then add picture to gallery. Some sort of format problem, but this work around works.

I figured out a much simpler and easier way. This seems to be a bug in the forum software.

When creating a new message, I noticed that sometimes it would not allow me to insert a picture, and other times it did.

The difference seems to be that if the message contains a QUOTE, it allows it. If there is no QUOTE, then it will not upload.

I do not know how or why, but if I click on "Reply with Quote", I can type the message, insert the picture, then delete the quote, and it works ok.

I figured out a much simpler and easier way. This seems to be a bug in the forum software.

When creating a new message, I noticed that sometimes it would not allow me to insert a picture, and other times it did.

The difference seems to be that if the message contains a QUOTE, it allows it. If there is no QUOTE, then it will not upload.

I do not know how or why, but if I click on "Reply with Quote", I can type the message, insert the picture, then delete the quote, and it works ok.

5.jpg

Thank you for the information. First I thought I was doing something wrong. But have found out we are all having this sometime problem with photos.

smileygrad.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever had an issue uploading pictures to threads. Maybe it's a web browser issue. I use Chrome, what are you fellas using?

Ok, I tried this method and it's still not working for me.
Just tried to attach a picture to this quote reply and still got the red exclamation point.

Sounds like I need to first upload any picture I want to post to my gallery before I can insert it into a post... what a pain!

That will really discourage people from posting pictures and that is definitely not a good thing for this forum.

Ok, I tried this method and it's still not working for me.
Just tried to attach a picture to this quote reply and still got the red exclamation point.

Sounds like I need to first upload any picture I want to post to my gallery before I can insert it into a post... what a pain!

That will really discourage people from posting pictures and that is definitely not a good thing for this forum.

7.jpg

Try emailing picture to yourself, save the emailed picture, and then upload the picture.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Try emailing picture to yourself, save the emailed picture, and then upload the picture.

I just uploaded the pic to my gallery (as per your suggestion) then I clicked on "Go Advanced" clicked on the attachment icon... scrolled through the 9 pages of uploaded pics until I found the one I just uploaded... dragged it to the bottom frame, clicked on the check box.. clicked on the "done" button, and clicked on submit.

8 step process to attach a pic.... but it worked. I just wonder how many people will bother to do all that and not share their pics.

Thank you BTW... I'm not sure I would have figured it out without reading your post

Attachments

• smileyquestion.jpg
    smileyquestion.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 59
You lost me at hello lol

If you get the problem where you can't seem to upload pictures... that is the procedure you have to go through to get a picture up on the forum.
It's a real PIA. Not a good thing for the forum. I don't know how many people are going to go through the trouble of trying to figure all of this out. If it wasn't for OCR I wouldn't have figured it out still.

Could be a browser issue. IE 10 on Win7 here. And occasionally from Android.

I have tried chrome, IE 10, IE 8 and Opera.... same problem on all of them and I tried it on a desktop, a laptop and another desktop.

Attachments

• smileytounge2.jpg
    smileytounge2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Panorama 1.jpg

I'm not sure I've understood the problem - just uploading a picture from my hard drive using the Insert Image button on the band of icons at the top of the Quick reply box

View attachment 6697

I'm not sure I've understood the problem - just uploading a picture from my hard drive using the Insert Image button on the band of icons at the top of the Quick reply box

The problem we are having is when we try to insert the picture after selecting the file and clicking on the "Upload files" button... .that is when we get the error and the file does not upload and insert (attach) to the message. At that point we have to do the complicated work around to get the picture to post in our forum messages.

Which is what I am doing now with this picture.

Attachments

• smileyfrustrated.jpg
    smileyfrustrated.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 53
Back