• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where does this Rubber Element go?

TonySilver

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody,

During my pre-ride inspection, I found this element under the NC. I looked around but could not find its home.

If you know where it goes, please let me know.

Some pictures. We all love them!

IMAG0973.jpgIMAG0971.jpg

Thanks

TOny

Attachments

• IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
It looks to me like it is from behind the bottom of the side panel just above the foot rest casting.

I'm not with my bike to check, but it looks kinda like one of the rubber support doohickeys on the mount plate for my GIVI top case.

It looks to me like it is from behind the bottom of the side panel just above the foot rest casting.

I second this guess as I had something like that fall loose when I had the right side panels off. It wasn't firmly attached, just a little bumper that just kind of slides into a groove molded into the panel. Thought for split second about putting a drop of glue on it so it'd stay put but didn't. Of course that means I'll probably never see it again!

I agree with that - I found the same thing underneath the bike after I had removed the lower cowl panels - it fits in a receptacle roughly halfway along the right-hand top edge of the (black) lower cowl and it spaces/buffers the panel from crankcase.
The larger "head" is a snug fit in one of the recessed bolt holes in the crankcase so it is quite easy to dislodge the rubber buffer when you remove the lower cowl panels.

I second this guess as I had something like that fall loose when I had the right side panels off. It wasn't firmly attached, just a little bumper that just kind of slides into a groove molded into the panel. Thought for split second about putting a drop of glue on it so it'd stay put but didn't. Of course that means I'll probably never see it again!

I agree with that - I found the same thing underneath the bike after I had removed the lower cowl panels - it fits in a receptacle roughly halfway along the right-hand top edge of the (black) lower cowl and it spaces/buffers the panel from crankcase.
The larger "head" is a snug fit in one of the recessed bolt holes in the crankcase so it is quite easy to dislodge the rubber buffer when you remove the lower cowl panels.

I think this is the way to go guys. I already checked the first two places suggested and it does not belong there. I did check the left lower cowl panel (the black piece), but like it was mention it must be the right hand side because I did not see any place to fit it on the left side.

Thanks for all the help, I will keep you post it...

Tony

Maybe under the license plate? I knocked mine off washing it a couple of days ago and took a while to find that little hole.

Hey everybody,

The element did go under the right lower cowl panel. I am happy it is now at home!

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks OldJeff, if another element mysteriously appears in my garage, that will be one of the first places to check.
Tony

All right!!!! Mystery resolved! We have some brains here, don't we? :)

Back