• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why a NC700X?

I looked at all 3. If speed was important to me, I would have chosen the Versys; I almost did. Since I wanted economy, the NC made more sense. If I had an 80 mile a day commute, I would be even more drawn to the NC for the mileage, and I think it does fine on the highway. But, if you want the get up and go, Versys would be the one. Vstrom is not exactly slow, either, but the handling is a bit less sporty than the Versys.

My wife had a Versys and I just sold my Vstrom to buy a 2016 750x. I am 5'10" and, although I loved my vstrom (which I had set up for touring) when I test road both a vstrom xa model (with the spoked wheels) and a NC 750 last summer, the NC came away as the winner for me in terms of ride quality, although it was very close. The Vstrom mod community is huge which is a factor to consider as well. My riding habits have changed to needing more of a commuter bike and the NC 750 is just a better fit AND I can easily flat-foot it (which was not true on the vstrom). About the Versys--a quicker bike than the Vstrom but one that never really suited me. Lots of people love this bike too.

But the major feature for me is the DCT. The last 20 minutes of my commute are in heavy traffic and although I consider myself a pretty good low-speed rider, constantly feathering the clutch/throttle can be a bit of a pain!

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
Back