• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen/Passenger

shawnk

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a topic I hadn't seen come up in the 1001 threads I've read on screens. I'll admit I hadn't thought much about it until I took my wife for her first ride on the NC. This was after I had installed the Honda Tall screen, and was aware there was some turbulence with it. Apparently, things were total chaos in the passenger seat. I kept feeling her legs tense up, and she was shifting constantly. I put it off to the wonderful stock seat, until we stopped and I asked her about it. She told me at highway speeds she literally felt like she was going to be blown off the bike or have her helmet ripped off. Granted it was a little gusty that day, but she's ridden with me a bunch over the years, and I could tell this was something new. I guess the simplest way to ask this question is: Do you have to go with a super huge screen in order to keep "dirty" air off both you and your passenger? Does anyone have experience with a setup that seems to work for both?

easy I'm much bigger than our lass so I get all that is coming towards me.
when we get home I'm covered in all sort while she remain clean.
you'll need to invest in one of these.....

20120630_EUD000_0.jpg

You might try no wind screen..........and test drive...........see if the wife is happier :cool:

Passenger comfort wind, seat and back rest is a real challenge. Even full on touring bikes can have issue with passenger wind noise and durbulance.

Last edited:
You might try no wind screen..........and test drive...........see if the wife is happier :cool:

Passenger comfort wind, seat and back rest is a real challenge. Even full on touring bikes can have issue with passenger wind noise and durbulance.
I just put the stock screen back on, am going to try that and no screen to see if she's happier. May make me happier, too - I was one of those who was pretty happy with the stocker. I was looking to go bigger because I thought it would make the bike feel more "plush" and "adventurebike" :).Getting caught up in farkelitis is bad sometimes. I had forgotten how good that stock screen looks on it BTW..

I forgot how it looks totally stock until I seen a pic of one the other day.I thought to myself how good it looks.

Back