• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

11 weeks 6,000 miles - Absolutely Love My NC700X!!

jelo

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about 5'7", 150lbs - definitely a newbie!
Had never even been on a motorcycle before August of this year (and I'm 48).
Took the WyDOT Motorcycle Beginner Safety 2-1/2 Day Course over a weekend
Went to the Honda dealership the Monday after, and bought the only NC700X they had.
Since then, I've covered over 6,000 miles in 11 weeks
most on state highways and county roads, but some interstate too.
Been out on the plains, rolling hills, in and through the mountains here.
Have had it over 100mph a handful of times, done push turns at 80+.
The balance of it - always feels stable, often don't even realize how fast I am going,
easy bike to learn on, easy bike to ride.
Longest single ride ~375 miles and ~7 hours,
not continuously in the saddle but only minimal stops - breaks, gas, food, . . .

Other observations:
Placement seems really good, natural -
hand grips, levers, buttons, foot pegs, shifter, brakes.
The storage thing is really great, don't know what I would do with out it.
Recently ordered the saddle bags and associated mounts - for longer trips I plan to do.
Don't know what it says about my riding style, rarely hit the rev limiter,
but I do hit it hard - the acceleration, what a thrill!
Do agree with what I have read elsewhere, rear brake seems a bit week.

Very impressive riding stats for a new rider. Congratulations and welcome to the sport! I envy you for having access to wide open, beautiful country.

Greg

Glad to have you aboard, just be careful out there man, it's easy for a new rider to push his limits and not know how to react when you go that 1% too far. Enjoy you ride, get some advanced training, maybe a track day school and learn what the feel of the tire traction limits really feels like and what to do when it all goes wrong (been there, done that, got the t-shirt... and torn leathers). Stay safe to tell the grandkids the riding stories.

Excellent riding so far but because the NC700X is such an easy package to ride don't forget to respect it.

"Riding a motorcycle, like flying, is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect".

Statistics are not kind to the rider at 180 to 360 days of experience and the sample of riders in this group are over represented in accidents.

Keep banging out those mile and smiles!

Wow! I'm a new rider too and went to the CA motorcycle course and I have barley had the guts to hit 80 mph on my bike! Im also 48 yrs old. It must be because you live in gorgeous Wy where the roads are clear and free from traffic. Just today I was puttering at 55 mph on freeway interchange when a guy on a sport bike came roaring by me at what must have been 90 mph! I really don't think this bike was built to go screaming fast.

I would also advise you to be careful, don't be over confident, that's easy with a bike that is so user-friendly. An over filled truck fuel tank with a leaking cap will spill fuel exactly where it's most dangerous, namely curves, an animal can cross the road at any time, especially if you're driving through wooded or rural areas, the last storm may have washed sand or gravel onto the road, lane stripes are very slippery, all the more so when wet, car drivers usually don't look out for motorcycles when turning or switching lanes....and the list goes on and on.

Not to spoil you fun though :)

Update: Just passed the 10,000 mile mark, took ~8 months - winter kinda got in the way. 9999.jpg10000.jpg

Last edited:
welcome from Ga via Nc. good job on the (s)miles!! i keep hoping to get the time/energy/weather to do that kind of riding.

Back