• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

20,000 miles on an NC700X in less than a year . . .

jelo

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just barely - but by four days, it counts!
19999-20130809.jpg
20000-20130809.jpg
I know, I know; others have done more - but to think a year ago today, I'd never even been on a motorcycle.
10-Aug-2012 was the first day of the three-day Beginner MSF class, we didn't get on any bikes until the next day though.
Went to the local Honda dealership the Monday after the class, bought my NC700X off the floor - picked it up the next day.
No 'starter' bike for me, I was going to figure this out and just do it - to borrow someone else's words "I just never looked back".
Didn't fall over until the second day with the bike - in an intersection, of course, got a laugh and a thumbs up from some chick in an Escalade.
I didn't care, I knew it would happen - more than once! - I was prepared for that.
I spent week after week, going out as many nights as I could, trolling around the less traveled streets and neighborhoods here.
Starting and stopping is where you have the most problems - and too fast in the turns . . .
Just kept riding, trying more and more, pushing myself, . . .
What a long strange trip it's been - Thank You ALR.

Last edited:
That's awesome!! Keep the rubber side down!!:cool:

Rubber side down is best!
Think I've fallen over about six times - none recently though. Slid into the ditch once - pics in another thread - live and learn. Not about to give up - WAY!!! too much fun!
Thanks for all the kind words and support.

I totalled my first bike. I got cut off going about 65mph by a much slower driver with VERY little time to react. The NC is my second. I too am approaching my one year with the NC, but I'm gonna be just over 12k when it hit's on the 19th.

Wow...at that rate you might burn up the motor before it's paid off.:cool:

Probably won't be able to do that again, put my best into it.
Girl I did it for, that got me into motorcycles, fell in love with, wanted to marry, bailed - drink or ride? - what would you pick?

Funniest thing is - she pulled into the gas station as I was filling up and went into the convenience store.
After I finished, I rode over to where she had parked to maybe talk to her.
She had already gotten back in her car - she waved, backed out and drove off.

Last edited:
20,000 thousand miles in any year never mind your first is a achievement,
excellent.

Probably won't be able to do that again, put my best into it.
Girl I did it for, that got me into motorcycles, fell in love with, wanted to marry, bailed - drink or ride? - what would you pick?

Funniest thing is - she pulled into the gas station as I was filling up and went into the convenience store.
After I finished, I rode over to where she had parked to maybe talk to her.
She had already gotten back in her car - she waved, backed out and drove off.

Been there done that many times with relationships. Let me give you one piece of advice, once women make the decision to leave they can be somewhat cold about it. Also, I have made the mistake of trying to stick around too long after it was done. You might not feel this way now, but your better off being out of the relationship she was not totally committed too. It can get much worse. Your right riding can be a great way to deal with life issues. Nothing like floating down the open rode to get your mind of things, and calm your soul. The silver lining of going through these experiences, is once you get a good one you know it. I have been together with my current wife for a long time now, the bad ones taught me what a good one is.

20,000 in the first year, especially your FIRST year (on a bike) is a lot! OTOH, you're in Sheridan. As I recall, though, Sheridan is just about 20,000 miles from every other town on Earth, so...
:p ;)

20,000 in the first year, especially your FIRST year (on a bike) is a lot! OTOH, you're in Sheridan. As I recall, though, Sheridan is just about 20,000 miles from every other town on Earth, so...
:p ;)

Yes - Sheridan is out there - But 5-minute ride and you are out in the county - hundreds and hundreds of miles of open road here in Wyoming and Montana - with decent scenery to boot. Winter is the down side.

Back