• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

20,000 miles on an NC700X in less than a year . . .

I just want to say WOW!! For me, your experience is totally encouraging. Especially since today was my first day riding my new NC for about 40 miles in the neighborhood practicing a little of everything just to get familiar. If I can make 10k in one year, it will be a great achievement for me.

I just want to say WOW!! For me, your experience is totally encouraging. Especially since today was my first day riding my new NC for about 40 miles in the neighborhood practicing a little of everything just to get familiar. If I can make 10k in one year, it will be a great achievement for me.

You can't have enough practice I think - saddle time, just keep doing it. I remember in the beginning I thought - When am I going to feel comfortable being on a bike on the Interstate? (Need to ride those to get places out here.) After a while, I finally got brave enough and would try just little parts of it, off hours when little traffic, building skills and confidence. Well, today I did about 440 miles almost entirely Interstate - got caught in another downpour, a hailstorm that left welts on my body, and crosswinds that would about push me into the other lane - crazy weather!

Last edited:
Congrats on the mileage milestone! Very impressive for anyone, let alone their first year riding. I've had a lifetime of riding, but don't think I've ever gone over 15,000 in a year. And even more impressive considering where you live and having to park the bike during much of winter (or do you have ice studs to ride year 'round?).

Check out IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders because you should have no problem qualifying for membership there with the rest of us crazies. :cool:

it'll be another 3 or 4 more years before I get that kind of mileage. mine is for pleasure now.
I can walk into work just at the bottom of the garden;)

Me too. Just passed 20,000 miles with 1 week left of the first year.
one set of new tyres and chain. Original brakes. I'm really pleased with the bike

one set of new tyres and chain. Original brakes. I'm really pleased with the bike

Good work! And I know that much riding is work! - the good kind.
I've replaced rear tire twice, front tire once, still original brakes. Chain was replaced on the re-call early on.

Well of course you still have the original brakes. As much as you've been riding the only time you stopped (you did stop, didn't you?) was for that tire and chain change.

After 13 months my bike has 9,500km (5,900 miles) and the other guys I work with who own bikes are in awe that I ride so much. Most of them do maybe a thousand miles a year, tops. Makes me wonder why they go to the expense of keeping one.

Well of course you still have the original brakes. As much as you've been riding the only time you stopped (you did stop, didn't you?) was for that tire and chain change.

After 13 months my bike has 9,500km (5,900 miles) and the other guys I work with who own bikes are in awe that I ride so much. Most of them do maybe a thousand miles a year, tops. Makes me wonder why they go to the expense of keeping one.

lol

I'm a little over a month from my 1 year purchase date, and can only offer up a measly 3,500 some-odd km's. :rolleyes: Sigh.

I remember the good old days of riding forever :(

Back