• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much... waiting for better weather (less cloudy) so I can put Africa in the background... :cool:

DSC02091.jpg
DSC02092.jpg

Oh, and something else... luckilly it doesn't glow in the night: :p

04072013327.jpg
04072013328.jpg

:cool:

Only a little further North of DanH and Nortwestrider having Saturday adventures today :cool: LBS was doing the same thing, lol!

Wheeee :D

Splash III.jpg

Chilliwack Lake

Chilliwack Lake II.jpg

Only a little further North of DanH and Nortwestrider having Saturday adventures today :cool: LBS was doing the same thing, lol!
Chilliwack Lake

Chilliwack Lake?? Have you been gone, gone, gone, been gone so long that you wondered if you'd ever see your lake?

Great pics! I gotta come north and take a ride. I really miss the Kootenays and the Okanogan. But I've never ridden them on a motorcycle and I REALLY want to do that!!!

Typical boring day ;) Rode to the ruins of one of America's most haunted places - Lamont "Summerwind" Mansion and took an aerial video of the ruins.
Video - Lamont Mansion ruins - aka: Summerwind - YouTube

That pic is just so full of awesome!! I love ruined buildings that have crumbled around their chimney. That chimney is the heart of the home and the last thing to fall. I always fantasize about rebuilding the home around the chimney when I see it standing alone like that.

Not much... waiting for better weather (less cloudy) so I can put Africa in the background... :cool:

Oh, and something else... luckilly it doesn't glow in the night: :p

:cool:

Holy Crap!! That's it!! I'm coming to the Rock. I don't know when but I AM coming!!!

Chilliwack Lake?? Have you been gone, gone, gone, been gone so long that you wondered if you'd ever see your lake?

Great pics! I gotta come north and take a ride. I really miss the Kootenays and the Okanogan. But I've never ridden them on a motorcycle and I REALLY want to do that!!!

haha! Now I'm wanting to listen to that song, lol

And here I'm bound and determined to renew my Passport one of these days, as Southern rides, I miss a lot too! :)

Interesting way to wash the bike. :)

Around here they tell us not to drive/ride through the water (monsoon season & every dip in the road is posted with "Do Not Cross When Flooded") as it may be deeper than you think or all manner of nasties (chunks of trees, glass, metal, you name it) lurking below the surface swept downstream by the water.

Interesting way to wash the bike. :)

Around here they tell us not to drive/ride through the water (monsoon season & every dip in the road is posted with "Do Not Cross When Flooded") as it may be deeper than you think or all manner of nasties (chunks of trees, glass, metal, you name it) lurking below the surface swept downstream by the water.

It's always best to (try, anyway...) see what you are going through first, before taking the plunge, that is good advice, for sure! :)

Recon

Recon.jpg

All good? Banzai! :D

DSCF0720b.jpg

Last edited:
]I rode to Bald River Falls outside Tellico then took the Cherohala Skyway over to Robinsville NC. Great ride about a 260 mile round trip.
falls_zps62125b12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
skyway_zps20199b62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
skyway2_zps1329aa6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bear_zps15c1fbda.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I took the girlfriend to the local CMRC Motocross National race today on the back of the S. It was our longest ride to date, probably close to an hour and a half one way. All of it back roads, though most were straighter than I would have liked. The S did quite well as far as I'm concerned, still was able to pull out and pass no problem with her on the back.

The racing we went to see was very cool, it's been a while since I've been to that track (Sand Del Lee/MX101), and never for a MX National. Huge semi truck race rigs everywhere, energy drink signs all over the place, and some of the most pimpin' golf carts I've ever seen. If any of you get the chance to hit up an MX National, go. AMA or CMRC, either way it's a damn good time.

Took the NC down some dirt roads today while mushroom hunting. Found some chanterelles.
I found 4 or 5 times more than this, but these were the only ones that the bugs didn't find
before I did. Yummy!!

chanterelles.jpg

Nothing like some others but as part of my butt conditioning program ;) have been trying to do at least a couple of minimum 70 mile loops every week. Last week did one through Tombstone (the town too tough to die) and another through Bisbee (old copper mining town). Today extended the Bisbee loop with a leg to Douglas (on the Mexican border with a port of entry). ~110 mi RT. Scenery not as spectacular as what I see above but still, just a nice ride through the high (4000' +) desert. The roads are US routes so nothing challenging but, as a bonus, there are, for whatever reason, not a lot of others on the road.

On the way from Bisbee to Douglas there were signs for Lordsburg, NM. Just 100 miles further making for a 300 mi RT. When I get ambitious, think I might do that loop. No particular reason to go there (~3,500 people & probably not much more than a few gas stations to service I-10) but sounds like another nice ride through the high desert.

I'm driving up the Okanagon tomorrow want to go? Anyways some nice backwoods riding here in Oregon.

IMAG0177.jpgIMAG0170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back