• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my first commute ride to work today (100 miles each way) with blue skies... and 25+ headwinds. 59 mpg compared with the 69 mpg last Saturday on my 60 mile poking - around ride (slow, woods, lakesides). I ride home in a couple hours. [emoji2]
7ca0465d99e4a1595107b07f4cc7b2ba.jpg

Uugghh!! I didn't clean and lube my chain this evening! Spent the last two hours looks for grunge brush, chain cleaner and chain lube. :mad:

Darn Gremlins!

I added a second fuse box below the right "fender" next to the trunklid. Now all my auxilary stuff like lights, power socket, and horn run from a central, easy to reach point, with 5 fuse spots left for future mods. I also redid the complete wiring for all auxilary power consumers with thicker cables, proper soldering and insulation, and tidied it up (relatively) neatly. At least nothing can catch on fire now! :)

I added a second fuse box below the right "fender" next to the trunklid. Now all my auxilary stuff like lights, power socket, and horn run from a central, easy to reach point, with 5 fuse spots left for future mods. I also redid the complete wiring for all auxilary power consumers with thicker cables, proper soldering and insulation, and tidied it up (relatively) neatly. At least nothing can catch on fire now! :)

Pics! I could use some ideas.

Here's the picture of the fusebox as seen from the top. There is just enough space to pull it out in case a fuse blows. The place seems to not get water in it and there is more than enough space for more wiring and relays if needed. To properly get to it one would need to dismantle the plastic bit infront of the trunklid with the trunk opener key thingy bit.
thumb_IMG_2698_1024.jpg

The wiring looks a bit messy with the electrical tape, but it's neatly heatshrinked underneath. (I don't know why I went for the electrical tape over heatshrink :confused: ). The small box above the battery is the relay for the horn, and the second fusebox is off to the top right.
thumb_IMG_2700_1024.jpg

Ordered SWMotech crash bars....the left did not fit...the bolt holes were off about 3/8". Just like described in another thread. Talked to Twisted throttle several times over 4 days. Decided today to send them back and get the GIVI's.

(Actually, yesterday)- I received and installed my MadStad windscreen.
Today, I got to ride in the rain with it. At lower speeds , you do get wetter than with the stock or Puig touring screens. At speed higher than 45-50, I didn't get wet at all. I love this MadStad!

Installed the lower wind deflectors tonight, in preparation for my cool & rainy trip to Arkansas at the end of this week. ;)

lower wind deflector.jpg

lower wind deflector 2.jpg

Swapped out the windscreen for the Honda tall one and added the most necessary center stand. The whole shoestring thing worked great. Both accessories took less than 40 mins beginning to end.

Swapped out the windscreen for the Honda tall one and added the most necessary center stand. The whole shoestring thing worked great. Both accessories took less than 40 mins beginning to end.

Sounds like you have the center stand install down pat. I didn't catch the small spring on my first attempt and had to start the spring install over.

Let us know what you think of the Honda Tall windscreen. I ended up replacing mine due to wind noise.

Took my NC over to a friend's garage to get the wiring in the tail deciphered so his company can make a quick-connect system for their product specific for the NC. Pretty cool, actually. It is a computer module that fits back in the tail and hooks up to the brakelight. It senses when the throttle is released and turns the brake light on as if the brake handle is pulled. This gives a couple seconds of lead time alerting those behind that speed is decreasing, hopefully keeping you from being rear-ended. It can also be programmed to flash for 2 sec and then remain steady on while brakes are being applied.

I dont have the unit on yet, they are manufacturing the quick-connect so it is plug and play. Once I get it, I will do a full write up and review of the install and the application. It is always good to help friends out, especially when they are making something to help save your life. Universal models are already available, as are some for other motorcycles. They are doing the quick connects as they get hands on the bikes.

GearBrake - Smart Brake Light Module? is the website.

Sounds like you have the center stand install down pat. I didn't catch the small spring on my first attempt and had to start the spring install over.

Let us know what you think of the Honda Tall windscreen. I ended up replacing mine due to wind noise.

Certainly will. Unfortunately she will be parked in the garage for the next 4-5 days as we're expecting a pretty hefty snowstorm, somewhere between 3" and 3' of snow.

And, because we all love pictures...

IMG_0500.jpg

Figures it auto rotates... Sigh.

Bike is at a local motorcycle shop to get a new rear tire installed. I got 11,000 miles on the Conti Motion, which is 3000 more miles than the stock Metzlers which came on it. I probably could have got another 1000 miles on it but due to a soccer mom SUV making a left in front of me (I was going downhill) and sand, gravel in the intersection, the back wheel locked up and I was committed to the brake pressure so I wouldn't T-bone the SUV (successful :)), the tire flat spotted and showed the wear cord at the flat spot.

Bike is at a local motorcycle shop to get a new rear tire installed. I got 11,000 miles on the Conti Motion, which is 3000 more miles than the stock Metzlers which came on it. I probably could have got another 1000 miles on it but due to a soccer mom SUV making a left in front of me (I was going downhill) and sand, gravel in the intersection, the back wheel locked up and I was committed to the brake pressure so I wouldn't T-bone the SUV (successful :)), the tire flat spotted and showed the wear cord at the flat spot.

I'd take losing 1k miles off a tire over a T-bone. Good job avoiding that accident!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back