• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a ride this afternoon with Nebraskagirl, awesome fall weather.

Nebraskagirl found some very nice minimum maintained roads to ride.

Really wish I would have remembered to bring the helmet camera or at least took a picture of the washed out hill that we climbed. I know, no picture so it didn't happen!

I was impressed with how well the Scorpion Trail tires on Nebraskagirl's NCX handled the large rocks and dirt.

Great day!

da0e19e6e72222863daca255b99485a8.jpg

cd7b9df22c7bcdcc5774ad31511d8522.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Picked up some used accessories on the weekend...started fitting them today. Honda tall windshield ,Kobra handguards(inclding extensions and flashers),Honda main stand,pair of brand new Metzeler tires and a pair of Motech LED aux lamps(with fittings),Motech mirror extensions.... $500cdn the LOT! :) So I also celebrated and bought a pair of Oxford Carbon Heated Gloves for $125... first heated gloves I have had since the late 70's! Oolala... comfy or what ?? Only have the lights left to wire in now ;)

I had read that many were having problems with buffeting using the tall screen... well I took it up to 130kmh and was pleasantly surprised... just about perfect for my 5'8 165lb build :) Maybe it was because of the addition of the hand guards too?

Last edited:
Went and talked to a guy about getting the shiny black parts painted white this winter when El Nino comes in, it's either that or move to Canada. :p

Thinking about using Ibis White from the Audi line, going to go by a dealer to see what it looks like in person.

I saw those at the AIMExpo last weekend at MotoMachines display. They look pretty nice.
Does the mount on the motor part look good?
What made you choose them?

Sorry for taking so long to respond. The mount looks fine to me, I'll see if I can get a photo of it tomorrow and add it to this post. I chose Hepco and Becker because I like the look and had read reports stating that they were well made. I'm not disappointed - I like them a lot.

Hepco and Becker Left Engine Mount.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished installing Barkbusters Storm hand guards. Looks like dduelin and I had the same project! Honda heated grips are next. Getting ready to head out into the New England winter.

Switched from the stock screen back to the vStream now that it's cooled off, wanted to set the bracket in the upper holes but there's no way I could get the nuts and a wrench up there. :confused:

Got in a 5 hour ride today. Days are getting shorter, so long rides are getting tougher. Started out a little cool, but the heated jacket and grips performed wonderfully.

Found a little new gravel.....

DSCN5009_zpsqkny1gqw.jpg

Some new curves.....

DSCN5033_zpsa6ctb5ge.jpg

a disappointing lack of fall colors.....

DSCN5024_zpsrajjbrco.jpg

and a surprisingly nice vista for the Piedmont.

DSCN5012_zpsodz2jjum.jpg

Twas a great day, I was riding and that's all that's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back