• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept the inserts in when I installed it, was shipped that way to me. So far, only ridden it twice, the noise is minimal. It gives the bike a nice low rumble at idle almost like a quieter stock Harley. Last time when I rode it I asked my wife if she heard the bike when I came home and she said no, she didn't know I was home until the garage door opened. I work shift work and get home from work and leave the house at the wee hours of the morning so I don't want anything too loud. I haven't tried it without the inserts yet, not sure if I will anytime soon. I'm happy with it the way it is. It's got a nice rumble at idle and sounds good during acceleration, once at cruising speed I hardly notice it all.

My previous bike, a V-Rod with stock pipes and my German Shepherd knew when I was coming home from more than a block away. Even with the IXIL on she hasn't shown any signs of hearing me come home yet until I open the garage door.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Joe,
Thanks for the information!

I rode out to the reservoir in 64 degree weather (Saturday the 7th). A record temperature here in Southern Idaho. Place is turning into a year-round riding venue. Although not really, because now the summers have gone from 2 weeks of unbearable heat to 2 months of it.

View attachment 22528

are those off-road tires or dual-sport? look good for trail riding

IXIL EXHAUST source in U.S.A.

Anyone know of a source for purchase in the U.S.A.?
I'll answer my own question.:rolleyes:
There is now a U.S distributor for the IXIL muffler. They are located in Indiana for all of you mid-West guys and gals, and the rest of the U.S. also.:p
Their website is..... ixilusa.com
I believe they've been carrying the brand for about 6 months.:)

Put my new KwiKover on!

Got my new KwiKover in and put it on, just in time before that big storm. The big storm inside my garage?

Bike's not coming out until it rains and washes all the salt off the roads! :cool:

NC700X Cover (Large).jpg

I installed a Plot radiator guard, trimmed my Givi sidestand foot to clear my new exhaust and swapped the edge protector on my windscreen with black trim.

Not sure if it counts, but got new much needed new boots today. Gaerne Adventure boots, black. So far I like them, they'll probably be better when I break them in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use the Gaerne Adventure boots, also. They have been very comfortable from the first time I put them on. They do protect the shin and the angle.

Jacs Algarve Advetures -i hate goodbye's

Its a mixed bag report this weekend.
Took the bike to the shipping company yesterday morning, to make matters worse it was 20 degrees and the forecast for this week is 22 all week....ggrrr....better planning required next year. I managed not to shed a tear, but there was an apprehension in my tummy about leaving it!
Ive found another shipping company same price, they collect week one and ship week two which means i keep the bike longer.
Im booking Jan, Feb and March next year and may stay here for Easter coz it at the end of March 2016.

A little good news though, the Algarve Senior Bikers always have a ride report in the weekly Portugal news newspaper coz one reporter is a rider, anyway the photo the used has part of me and the rear end of my bike up front left woohoo fame on my 1st big ride! (Blue/black jacket and top box is us).

Bad news - drove the hire car in the dark for the 1st time last night, got pulled by the police as i was turning off the main road into friends apt complex to drop them off having driven only 500 yards. id inadvertently put the front fog lights on, (or perhaps the switch was already on?). the turny switch thing is on the same stalk as the headlights. Got a lecture in really bad english. 30 euro fine and had to stand in the cold for 25 minutes, not allowed back into the car, while they found the infringement number out their huge book of rules. Then the buddy of the one speaking had to show him how to fill out the form -training exercise most likely.
Wine is included with almost every meal here, i was stone cold sober, he didnt even ask if id been drinking. Ggrrr.....im sure in Cambs they'd have just lectured me and sent me on my way.....hey ho....nothing like filling the coffers from the tourists while youre training eh!image.jpgimage.jpg

Yesterday I realised that the seat height was lower than normal. Then I realised the back tyre was flat. So I learned that riding the NC with the back tyre at 10psi makes it easier to get my feet on the ground. :eek:
Today I left it at the shop to get new tyres (a special offer means getting the front tyre replaced for only an extra $60).
Tomorrow I will try not to drop the bike while the new tyres scrub up.

Honestly, they were quite inexpensive on Amazon. Once snugged down, they haven't budged in a couple hundred miles. Also worth mentioning, I removed the bar end weights to install them, and have had no vibration. Thanks for the compliment!

Amazon.com: BLACK MOTORCYCLE 7/8" HANDLE BAR END MIRRORS For 2013 Honda NC700X: Automotive

Thanks for the link - did you fit these to the standard bars on your NC?

I took the bar ends off mine and there's the threaded rough insert a few mm in - did that foul the new bar end insert fitting?

Thanks for the link - did you fit these to the standard bars on your NC?

I took the bar ends off mine and there's the threaded rough insert a few mm in - did that foul the new bar end insert fitting?

Yes, you will need to pull those out - I believe you are talking about the bar end weights. I did remove them, and there has been no difference at all in vibration. There are threads here that go in to detail on how to remove them. A bit of a pain, I had them out in 20 min.

Just placed an order for GIVI Crash Bars, Barkbusters Storm and the Givi – S310 Trekker Halogen lights. On backorder so will have to wait till the end of the month. :(. I was going to order the Motech Kobra hand guards but was told they are out of stock in all of North America. What the heck.. :confused:

First major mod installed!

Today, I received my top-case mounting rack. This marks the first real add-on I have gotten for the bike itself. So far, it has only been little things. It is an SW-Motech Aluminum Top Rack. As I need something anyway for attaching a rear carrier or bags. It also allows me to tie down other bags and such.

As it was my first major add-on, I was a little nervous taking the seat and pannier off along with the handles. Took me about an hour, but everything that came off, went back on, and in the right order. Everything is stable and tight. Can’t wait to get to try it out!

img_2883.jpg

img_2885.jpg

img_2884.jpg

First major mod installed!

Today, I received my top-case mounting rack. This marks the first real add-on I have gotten for the bike itself. So far, it has only been little things. It is an SW-Motech Aluminum Top Rack. As I need something anyway for attaching a rear carrier or bags. It also allows me to tie down other bags and such.

As it was my first major add-on, I was a little nervous taking the seat and pannier off along with the handles. Took me about an hour, but everything that came off, went back on, and in the right order. Everything is stable and tight. Can’t wait to get to try it out!

img_2883.jpg

img_2885.jpg

img_2884.jpg

Looks great - well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back