• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally put rubber to road today after nearly a month of being parked. Also got to break in my Klim adv pants. Was a glorious day, lower 60s. Had to watch for wet spots, but on the main roads, there was no remaining snow/ice.

Took a 80 mile ride along the Key Peninsula. Stopped in Allyn, had a light lunch, then home. This is MY Sunday Church...so beautiful. I can feel my blood pressure drop.FB_IMG_1425845780349.jpg20150308_115408.jpg20150308_115341.jpg20150308_121311.jpg

Find some bearings OCR, won't be the same without you.

Went with my micrometer to O'Reilly Auto Parts about 6:30pm. Asked the fellow behind the counter that looked like a manager, if he could find the time to go though all his parts inventory and find this bearing for me. Of course he told me there was no way he had the time to do something like that. So, I pulled out my handy dandy micrometer and asked the fellow if I could then go into this parts room and see if I could find the bearing. In about 10 minutes I found master pro bearings part number PT 204FF, the bearing for the rear tire on the NC7. Paid the man $3.99 for each of the bearings and went home. Raining today, so tomorrow come rain or shine I will be able to put the new bearings in.

Last edited:
Went with my micrometer to O'Reilly Auto Parts about 6:30pm. Asked the fellow behind the counter that looked like a manager, if he could find the time to go though all his parts inventory and find this bearing for me. Of course he told me there was no way he had the time to do something like that. So, I pulled out my handy dandy micrometer and asked the fellow if I could then go into this parts room and see if I could find the bearing. In about 10 minutes I found master pro bearings part number PT 204FF, the bearing for the rear tire on the NC7. Paid the man $3.99 for each of the bearings and went home. Raining today, so tomorrow come rain or shine I will be able to put the new bearing in.
See you in a few days. :)

I ordered a set of Babyface frame sliders from Samurider.com. These Japanese sliders are made to order (1-2 weeks) and look pretty nice:

006-sh017.jpg
006-sh017-2.jpg
006-sh017-3.jpg
006-sh017-4.jpg

I realize engine guards provide better protection, but I wanted to keep the bike "clean" looking while still providing some degree of protection.

(I do have a set of SW-Motech engine guards on my CB1100. Those puppies are massively built).

Today I received my order of:
  • SW-Motech crash bars
  • A pair of Rok straps
  • A pair of attenuated ear plugs
  • A fender extender (Pyramd, I think)

I'm not all that mechanically minded (although I'm willing to learn) so I'll try to get someone to help with the crash bars and fender extender. I doubt I have the correct tools in any case.

However, I did manage to install and uninstall the earplugs without breaking anything. Winning! :cool:

• SW-Motech crash bars
  • A pair of Rok straps

I'm not all that mechanically minded (although I'm willing to learn) so I'll try to get someone to help with the crash bars and fender extender. I doubt I have the correct tools in any case.

However, I did manage to install and uninstall the earplugs without breaking anything. Winning! :cool:

The crashbars are a straight forward installation but it does help to have an extra hand to hold the bar while you line up the bolts and spacers.

I ordered a set of Babyface frame sliders from Samurider.com. These Japanese sliders are made to order (1-2 weeks) and look pretty nice:

View attachment 23048

These seem pretty cool and would be the answer to what I'm looking for. However I was on their website and could not find this item anywhere. Also I wounder if these can be used with a DCT model.

• SW-Motech crash bars
  • A pair of Rok straps

Don't forget to put some lock-tite on bolts before bolting the crash bars. They are very easy to install.

Took a ~ 200 mile ride with a stop at Lockford Meats & Sausage along the way, Hawaiian Luau and Apple sausages headed for my freezer. :D

Then for my belly ... over the next few weeks.

Hottest day so far this year. 52 degrees. Even though we are still snowed in motorcycle wise, I was finally able to wash my bike for the very first time!

IMG_2141.jpg

Installed the Yoshimura R-77 that I purchased from a forum member. Sa-Weet!

... now if the rain would stop and I could RIDE, that would be Sa-Weeter.

(Actually Saturday) Went skiing for a couple hours in the morning and stopped on the way home to get a 27 mm socket to get at my rear tire that went flat over the winter. But, rather than do that, being in the 40's in the afternoon, I took my CRF250L for a 2 hour ride.
01b09a10a90552fbb60b2c0cc22b91c8.jpg

I haven't seen any motorcycles on the road this year before my Saturday ride. Today was 50 and I saw a few in town. I again avoided addressing my flat tire issue with my NC and rode my CRF250L for another 2 hour ride instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back