• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we went for a short ride this afternoon.weathers was nice sort of,very windy but warmish.
we went on one of our usual short ride and gain we came across this rod but never went on it but today we did and very nice to.
as we went higher up the hills the wind got bitterly cold but down in the valley it warmed up abit.
we did about 65 miles in all. we're not far from the county side about 7 miles and 20 miles from the sea.
here's piccys for ya.
DSC03049.jpgDSC03050.jpgDSC03053.jpgDSC03054.jpgDSC03055.jpg

Today I added my new Givi engine bars with help from the ten page thread in Mods, thanks everyone. I will look for the longer bolts recommended by Beemerphile but I'm not optimistic about finding them around here.

Next up, spotlights. I have two sets, large Cree U5 lights, and tiny, stick on pin spots. Any tips on wiring them in would be much appreciated.

Well, it was yesterday.
One son was off so we went up the road a bit and stopped at a convenience store that a lot of bikers migrate to on Sunday mornings. Saw lots of different bikes.
I had heard of a possible case coming up so I started us heading back. Sure enough I get called in, so I went to work and the son went off for another 60 or so miles on his own.

Nice ride while it lasted.

Later that afternoon when I got home and the dryer problem was corrected we did his 600 mile service. Could not find a loose nut or bolt anywhere - Heh. He adjusted the chain as it had 45mm of travel. Good practice. He also mounted the mirror extenders. He needs them the most as he has a 56" chest and the mirrors show him his shoulders quite well.

These are mine and his bike is black but they are the same. I highly recommend them no matter what they look like.

Mirror extenders02.JPG

Then we added a screen on the radiator because we have Love Bugs in Florida and they love to die in the radiators and block air flow. A piece of screen (all my vehicles have them) lets them splat, die, dry and fall away. No plugged radiator air channels.

Pretty easy. Cut, trim, ziptie.
Poor pics though, sorry.

Radiator Screen 1.JPG

Radiator Screen 2.JPG

Last edited:
Just dropped my NC at my Honda dealer to replace parts damaged in the slide that occurred on Sunday, 12th.
Hope I can pick it up today afternoon, with parts replaced and farkles installed :cool:

Installed new chain and sprockets today. Also changed the oil and filter. Will finish the 8k mile service with the valve adjustment at a later date since I did the oil change a few hundred miles early, it can wait. It's getting too hot in the garage and my helpers are getting tired.

Not too tired to strike a pose, though. .
b4cf7d3d3420cea47fdec322c75131dd.jpg

Last edited:
Put on the Crampbuster, lubed the chain (weekly), put a Cardo q3 on my helmet, and put the new rear trunk on Skookum.20150721_191056.jpg

My wife has high hopes for the pad on the trunk.

20150721_191125.jpg

Btw... The key for the rear trunk is nothing like the key for the side bags. Without a complete swap of the lock assembly, I don't see how you could use your ignition key to lock the trunk. Guess I'm going to have to carry a second key after all.
>Thom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back