• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a great ride in the mountain this morning:
Capture.JPG
Sorry no pics, I feeled speedy this morning...
speedy_gonzales_desert_mouse_entertainment_hd-wallpaper-1916641.jpg

Speedy but aware and responsible :) I've had a really good morning !

Finally got around to test out a makeshift emergency frunk lid release. I may switch it to a braided cable at some point in the future to have it a wee bit more flexible feeling, but it works just fine with stainless safety wire for now.

What the lid catch looks like under the plastic cover:

DSCF1863.jpg

Attach safety wire. Pic is with catch in the lid closed position:

DSCF1870.jpg

Pull lightly on wire, operates catch to open lid position:

DSCF1871.jpg

I made it long enough to try different locations:

DSCF1873.jpg

For now it goes down and forward through the Fuct compartment, so I can reach up from beneath, kneeling on the right side at the front tire:

DSCF1887.jpg

The cordura bag inside the fuct is my air compressor and tire repair kit. I have it secured to a bracket so it doesn't fall out going over rough roads, and hooked the pull ring of the ELR (emergency lid release) to the small threaded carabiner. Nimble fingers required and you have to use the Braille method lol, but it's certainly doable. and no tools required or panel removal needed. If arms and/or fingers won't fit in there, I'd just make the wire/cable longer and put it at a place you can get at, but still hidden. This is why a cable would be better, more flexible, and tuck away-able I think.

DSCF1883.jpg

DSCF1886.jpg

Also did an oil and filter change, and took a quick peek at the air filter while I was mucking about in there. Filter looks a little dirty, but under close inspection I think it's fine until next season. (specially since I have hardly ridden this year at all:()

DSCF1874.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Was that picture taken in Russia too? That NC looks awesome... I wonder what bike was the donor of that fork? KTM 990? BMW F650GS?

All parts from honda (africa twin, transalp) etc... this bike was for sale if you are intersted visit nc700 ru forum, you can ask about details there...

Took an early morning solo ride on Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri backroads. Temperatures in the low 70's and no traffic. Missouri 90 from Washburn, MO to Noel, MO is incredible! Life is good.

Took an early morning solo ride on Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri backroads. Temperatures in the low 70's and no traffic. Missouri 90 from Washburn, MO to Noel, MO is incredible! Life is good.

Same here :) temp was 71 at 7am, took back roads out to 10. West on 10 to 7 south at Ola, then east on 5 and home at 11am. Beat the heat and got a real nice 200 mile ride in :D

I installed my locking anti-vibration 276c GPS mount on the bike. I only had to fabricate the bracket three times. I checked the chain and it still needs no adjustment after 6000 miles. I might put some chain lube on it one of these days.

Did 4 hours of Forest Service Roads then added handgaurds and radiator gaurd on Saturday and cleaned/lubed chain today. Would buy this bike again and again!

We left at 07:00, neighbor and I rode 40 miles to meet up with an ex-neighbor, then we rode another 65 miles and had breakfast, rode home on some back country roads. Turns out mile wise there is only about 12 miles difference in the routes, the return trip took about an hour longer since it's 35 - 55 mph most of the way.
Got back in plenty of time to beat the heat, only 85º when we got home. :cool:

And remembered to wax the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back