• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not posted here in a while and I have not ridden much lately as life does that sometimes. Any who, I did a 210 mile ride on Saturday up from Atlanta 411 into Tennessee east on 64 along the Ocoee river and back down south on 5 / 76 through Blue Ridge. Man was my *** numb and man are my knees getting old.

Here is some of the ride on my Contour camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhHCVe_7Dc

[video=youtube;yKhHCVe_7Dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhHCVe_7Dc[/video]

ya on the wrong side of the road;)

This morning I had to drop some stuff off at the lab. I came in from the opposite direction I normally do and turned in the wrong driveway. "No big deal," I thought. "I'll just ride through the grass and hop down off the curb on the other side." Crunch. Cringe. There is now a small chunk of aluminum missing from one of the fins on the oil pan. I checked for leaks and there were none. I rode for another 65 miles to get back to work and we're still good. Oh well, it could have been worse.

On another note, I finally changed my front tire last night. That was fun. Now I should have about 3,500 miles with just chain maintenance to worry about. I can deal with that.

This morning I had to drop some stuff off at the lab. I came in from the opposite direction I normally do and turned in the wrong driveway. "No big deal," I thought. "I'll just ride through the grass and hop down off the curb on the other side." Crunch. Cringe. There is now a small chunk of aluminum missing from one of the fins on the oil pan. I checked for leaks and there were none. I rode for another 65 miles to get back to work and we're still good. Oh well, it could have been worse.

On another note, I finally changed my front tire last night. That was fun. Now I should have about 3,500 miles with just chain maintenance to worry about. I can deal with that.

whoops .your lucky but what did you hit? kerb?

went for a short spin this morning for a couple of hours.
rode through some quaint villages. we've seen the sign post saying Hawnby but never venture on it till this morning.
we've been doing that lately taking routes that we don't normally ride on locally but will now.
a round trip of 60 miles or so. got back in time for lunch or dinner to us northerners .
we enjoyed the little trip taking advantage of the warm weather.
DSC03116.jpg
you can just see the Hawnby village in the back ground .
DSC03117.jpgDSC03119.jpg

Installed a dash hood to keep the glare from the speedo and high beam indicator off of the madstad windshield.
Made it from a plastic folder and attached it with 3m command strips. Also painted the bottom of the madstad bottom with plasti dip.uploadfromtaptalk1440537986819.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That is a nice road, or 284 south of you through Fall Creek Falls is very nice. I enjoy White and Van Buren counties in Tennessee. The central part of the state (north and west of Chattanooga) doesn't get as much notice as eastern TN, but there are good things to discover there. I used to live in redneck Sequatchie County and travelled those roads frequently. I had the only BMW in the county in the middle 70's. All my neighbors had raked out choppers.

I agree, 284 is a great ride, you can stop at the park and have a bite to eat by the lake. Must have been lonely riding a Beemer in Sequatchie county though!

Check out the Seat Concepts seat. This is the second motorcycle I have put one on and for the money they cannot be beat in my mind.

Just ordered a Seat Concepts seat. Did the Gripper Top with carbon fiber sides. Also ordered a matching cover for the rear seat. Between the set of Givi bags, a different windshield and a new seat, I've already spent another 25% of my original purchase price on farkles! Wait until the winter when I really get busy!

I did ride 280 miles yesterday, however, for a grand total of $8.64 in fuel! I honestly spent more than this on lunch for a sandwich and a drink at Subway! Good cheap entertainment.

I'm off work again on Friday and I'm thinking about hitting Steamboat for lunch via Trail Ridge road. I'll come back through Walden and the Poudre Canyon northwest of Fort Collins. I may have to stop and fill gas someplace on this one! :)

steamboat.jpg

Just ordered a Seat Concepts seat. Did the Gripper Top with carbon fiber sides. Also ordered a matching cover for the rear seat. Between the set of Givi bags, a different windshield and a new seat, I've already spent another 25% of my original purchase price on farkles! Wait until the winter when I really get busy!

I did ride 280 miles yesterday, however, for a grand total of $8.64 in fuel! I honestly spent more than this on lunch for a sandwich and a drink at Subway! Good cheap entertainment.

I'm off work again on Friday and I'm thinking about hitting Steamboat for lunch via Trail Ridge road. I'll come back through Walden and the Poudre Canyon northwest of Fort Collins. I may have to stop and fill gas someplace on this one! :)

So jealous of your trip reports, I love that part of Colorado. Hopefully I can replicate them when we move to the Longmont/Loveland area after my wife retires from teaching in 2 years.

When I got home from work yesterday, message on answering machine from my local bike shop stating my new tire had been delivered. So out to the garage, removed the front wheel and away I went to the shop. I hung around the shop until they had the new tire mounted and back to the house and re-installed the wheel with the new tire. Checked my records; 16,000 miles on the front tire-could have got another 1000 miles on it but I am going on a 2500 mile trip fairly soon and wanted new rubber. Conti motion tires.

When they were done mounting it, they said they didn't need to put any weights on it to balance-actually removed the one weight which was on the wheel for the previous tire, it was good. I was skeptical but this morning on my commute to work (40 miles one way-32 miles on the Interstate)-the tire is balanced-no vibes. Cool.

Last edited:
Checked my records; 16,000 miles on the front tire-could have got another 1000 miles on it but I am going on a 2500 mile trip fairly soon and wanted new rubber.

I can't figure it out. You folks in the US seem to get huge mileage out of your tyres. I would consider myself doing very well to get 8000 miles out of a set of tyres but you folks are getting double that ?

I generally replace my tyres when they are clearly well worn and slightly beyond the legal limit. At that point they are sufficiently worn to be affecting the handling of the bike adversely. I still only get about 8000 miles though, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back