• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 bike - changing the rear shock

mike5100

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody replaced the rear shock on one of the latest bikes? The standard shock was upgraded and now has a castellated pre-load adjusment but MAY be a different length or have different mounting arrangements, Wilbers are only saying that their shock will fit a RC72 chassis model and the new model is designated by Honda as RC90. My guess is that the old and new standard shocks are interchangeable so any aftermarket shock for the older bike will fit the new bike. So if anyone has replaced the shock on the new bike, can you say what you ordered
Mike

I have not changed the shock on the new one however, I looked up the OEM shock on the Honda parts catalog and they are the same shock for 2016 as the earlier years so I'd say any aftermarket ones that fit the old years will fit the new.

I have not changed the shock on the new one however, I looked up the OEM shock on the Honda parts catalog and they are the same shock for 2016 as the earlier years so I'd say any aftermarket ones that fit the old years will fit the new.

That's interesting Matt. It's definitely not the case for UK. If you go on LingsHonda site the part numbers are different for the pre and post 2016 NC750X bikes. But Wilbers have reconfirmed that it will fit the 2016 so tomorrow we will see.
Mike

A change in P/Ns usually has nothing to do with the physical dimensions of a shock; especially for what is considered a "carry over" model with only cosmetic changes. It usually means something has changed, either internally, externally, or perhaps both.

Back