• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Honda NC750X DCT Travel Edition - Walkaround - Debut at 2015 EICMA Milan

Although the info placard says "DCT," it looks like a manual transmission model to me. It has a shift lever, clutch lever and on the right engine cover is missing the distinctive access cover for the filter that services the dual clutches.

Last edited:
no parking brake either
looks like non-linked brakes as well.
def italy. see the guy talking with his hands in the background... 8^))

The people that made that display are idiots. It's a manual transmission.

Last edited:
ABS not required in Canada, but the only version sold (up to this new 2016 model) was Manual Transmission+ABS

The 2012, 2013 CDN NC700XA/SA models had ABS+Combined.

For the 2014, 2015 model NC750XA/SA bikes, the 3 piston front caliper was changed to a 2 piston caliper, and the Combined decal was removed from the front fender.

With this change I was under the firm impression that with the disappearance of the 3rd piston, the second hose, and the Combined decal, no NC700X, SA, XA or 700XD DCT bikes had combined or linked brakes anymore. I have seen a lot of incorrect information on the 'net, including Corporate and Dealer sites, showing word for word spec sheets for different year bikes, that clearly don't have the actual precise information.

Some owners say with authority, that their 2014 bikes still have Combined or Linked brakes, despite the missing hardware and no decals saying Combined. Since I don't trust any of the spec sheet verbatim copy information I've found on the net so far, can any of you guys with 2014 or 2015 ABS equipped models confirm/deny this once and for all?

From 2016 in italy (I guess Europe) all motorcycle will have abs...

I've been to Milano last Friday. Too many people... I took a look very quick of most of the bike. I didn't like so much the new Nc.

Last edited:
I was the International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach on this past Saturday. At the Honda Section, they had the 2016 NC700X, VFR1200X CrossTour and African Twin. Due to the crowds it was very difficult to get any decent pictures of these bike, I did the best that I could.

Here's the link to the album that I put together for the 2016 Honda NC700X, 2016 NC700X - Album.

I pictured many items that are of interest to many people out there mentioned in other threads and post out there, such a question regarding if the 2016 Muffler will fit the previous years. In my option, there's a high likelihood that it could. View the images that I took and make your own option regarding it.

The bike has ABS breaking for sure. Can the NC750 be purchased in Europe with ABS if not DCT?

Not sure about the 750 but my 700 has ABS and the three piston caliper at the front. I could have purchased without ABS. I see no reason for them to sell the 750 without, although from what I can see the new model only has a two piston front caliper.

[I see right angle valve stems on the rims. That would be handy!]

Whenever I remove the worn, original tires from a bike, I switch to the 90-degree angle valve stems. My NC has less than 3k miles so it'll be sometime next year.

[I see right angle valve stems on the rims. That would be handy!]

Whenever I remove the worn, original tires from a bike, I switch to the 90-degree angle valve stems. My NC has less than 3k miles so it'll be sometime next year.

I need to remember to do that next tire change. My '13 Street Triple came with those stems and I thought they looked funky. Don't know what you have until it's gone. I was really liking the looks of the new NC but a couple of tweaks here and there isn't good enough for me to trade my '14 for it.

Are the right angle stems metal? On GL1800s, I thought the rubber right angle stems tended to break and leak more easily from the centrifugal force acting on the angled stem, essentially trying to bend it straight.

Last edited:
Amazon.com: Ariete Racing Valves 11.3MM Silver Standard Replacement Wheels: Automotive

I always install Ariete 87 degree billet valve stems at the first tire change as they make life easy airing the tire at home or on the road. I'd avoid the tall "L" shaped metal ones as they can be affected by centrifugal force unless there is a prop or leg attached to the rim to hold the stem in place at high speeds. The Arietes might seem expensive but they pay for themselves in a few tire changes besides being sweet to use and look at.

Edit: 83 degrees

Last edited:
Have you also noticed the exclusive oem hand guards? I wonder if those are to be available for purchase.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

The angle valve stems I prefer are made of cast aluminum and relatively short. On the underside they use a small O-ring as a seal and that's the only rubber involved. They come in either 10 mm or 12 mm which relates to the hole in the wheel and the angle is actually 83 degrees which makes it a little easier when adding air.

Back