• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Prices Revealed!

I fully expect that to be coming. On the current model, packaging DCT into the existing gearcase is probably impossible, but someday when the (now 16 year old) GL1800 gets replaced, I expect to see it have DCT. I would also not be surprised if it was offered standard with DCT, with a manual transmission not even being an option.

The only real challenge is where to add yet more buttons on the handlebars.

I might have to add another pony to the stable if/when they do that !

I kept seeing another X in West Plains, MO where I work. Finally met the guy towards the end of summer while doing my two mile walk at lunch. His wife works at the Post Office. He is a paramedic. He has a '12 model like mine only DCT. He swears by it. If I keep riding through my golden years of the eighties and nineties then I will no doubt go that route one of these days.

I met my area's regional Honda rep at the Chicago Motorcycle show. He said the 2016 NC's will be orderable in April for May delivery.

They had a Red DCT Gen1 on a dyno for people to actually run the bike (yes, motor running....and up to 70mph) to feel and hear the bike shift up and down. It was an impressive demo for DCT.

And right next to it was the 2016 model. I sat on each back and forth a few times, and I'm more convinced I now that I should not upgrade to the 2016.

They clearly worked to improve aerodynamics, but I could not see nor feel any difference in the seat or seat material as some articles had mentioned.

Regardless...DAMN IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!

Back