• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started building some brackets today to hold my Cot/Tent for some road trips i'd like to start making. It's just getting way too difficult to get down/up from the ground any more so I found a really neat one man Cot/Tent on sale for $49! Then I needed to make a way to carry it securely on the NC. I've been penciling out some different ideas for the past couple of weeks and today started bending some tubing! :{)

The One Man Cot/Tent will rest on the passenger peg(no one rides Pillion anyway) and on the new bracket. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-One-Person-Cot-Tent/373471042
I will have it securely fastened in three places(overkill). But i have always been an advocate for overly securing things the first time and not later on the side of the road when something has gone wrong and now you wished you would have taken the time to do it right the first time haha. :{)

Cot Tent on the bike.jpg

Even clears the Honda Luggage...Bonus!! :{)
cot tent mounting bracket clears the Honda Luggage3.jpg

Picked up the bike from the dealer last night. While I was away on vacation they replaced the OEM chain, sprockets are just fine. Got 13.3k miles on the original chain. Replaced with a DID 520 VX2 Pro-Street X-ring. I ride rain or shine and will usually spray lightly with chain wax every 500-700 miles are so unless I ride in the rain, which gets a wipe and spray. Occasionally (x1/quarter) I might clean and re-spray. Happy with these results!

Continuing my relationship with mine. It's up for sale, sort of, though I'd have to increase the price because:
Fork repair with new slider tube: $300. I have seals to rebuild the other side but when I went to the garage and found a puddle, the right side HAD to be fixed.
Installed a used Madstad wind shield yesterday: $200. There's improvement in wind buffeting .... Hmm....
With the new windshield I had contact with the mirror stems, so adjusted the handlebars and mirrors. More comfortable position. HHHMM......
Ordered a pad for the "cheap and easy" seat mod, we'll see if this fixes my sore a$$ problems.

So yeah, basically throwing money at this thing I was planning on selling. :p

I'm intrigued by this tent/cot. I've tried every arrangement imaginable to get a good nights sleep. Let us know how this works out.
What is the length of the package?

Down around lake Cumberland today. Staying the night in Somerset ky tonight.
bff7b7a04a01e021022e5d30fcd49b60.jpg
3e96a1ef926e4608587baae8878a919b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Dale, i too have been on a hunt to find something comfortable and I love it! I tried it out the day it arrived, set it up in the living room and took a nap! It is very comfortable and built strong. It is rated at 225-lbs and i tip the scales right at 225 and the Cot/Tent never even made a sound when i used it. I believe it is about 42" or so long, i will measure it in the morning and get back to you if that is incorrect.

I like the extra room it has out in front of you when you sit on it. Lots of room to sit and dress, change clothes, read or whatever. Easily store your gear inside and out of the weather if needed. Plus it has a neat little shelf under the cot, yet up off of the ground for storing whatever you might need there. At $49 shipped to your door, it was worth the chance!! I truly was tempted to buy the 2 man version, but it was not as long as i needed. If the side braces don't work out, then i'll fab an extension for the rear rack :{)

Last edited:
My best set up so far included a cot, air mattress and a 4 person tent. Your rig looks like it would give me that in one package.(except for the mattress) If its not longer than my current cot, I might get one. Heck, its cheap enough.

Who would like to buy 4 lightly used tents?

Today after work i resumed work on my Cot/Tent brackets and ended up installing my Sit-N-Fly seat cover instead....easily distracted this afternoon i guess! :{)

NC700x Sit n Fly seat installed AUG 3rd 2018.jpg

So tomorrow i'll resume working on the Cot/Tent brackets and try and finish the job. Bending, cutting, grinding, filing, welding.... you know, the fun stuff!! :{)

Last edited:
Today after work i resumed work on my Cot/Tent brackets and ended up installing my Sit-N-Fly seat cover instead....easily distracted this afternoon i guess! :{)

View attachment 36932

I would be interested in your review of the seat cover both comfort and quality. Looks interesting. Did you strap it on or staple it? Does it interfere at all latching the backseat after fill-ups?

Took a ride, got lost, saw a new place, found a cool road, almost ran out of gas, found my way home. What more can you ask for.

US 421 west of Frankfort, KY is fun. I'll be going back soon.

Yesterday, I rode 50+ miles of an off-road ATV trail and another 50 miles of winding road returning to my son’s house (he stables and exercises my NCx manual.)
Today, I rode 30 miles on my new-this-year electric assist mountain bike in an organized local bicycle event... nice rural roads with no center lines that I enjoy riding with my NC.
I must admit that with a boring 220 mile commute this year and using my new ebike on our local bike trails (700+ miles so far this summer) my NCx Dual-Clutch and CRF250L are resting a lot this year.

Yesterday, I rode 50+ miles of an off-road ATV trail and another 50 miles of winding road returning to my son’s house (he stables and exercises my NCx manual.)
Today, I rode 30 miles on my new-this-year electric assist mountain bike in an organized local bicycle event... nice rural roads with no center lines that I enjoy riding with my NC.
I must admit that with a boring 220 mile commute this year and using my new ebike on our local bike trails (700+ miles so far this summer) my NCx Dual-Clutch and CRF250L are resting a lot this year.

220 mile commute? I thought I had a long one at ~135 miles round trip. :eek:

Family gathered for my mom's 97th birthday....
Handed my keys over to a nephew (who rides an FJ-09) and my brother ( who rides an 1150R) so they could take it for a test ride. Both came back with very positive comments about the DCT, the Russell daylong seat, and the spritely handling.... Although my brother did comment that "it's no bmw" - To which I replied - "thank heavens"
Can't wait to get back to riding...
>T

Hey OT, when you are back in the saddle we should meet in Hood River Ore, Tri-Cities Wa or maybe Vantage Wa for lunch on me!! Be great to meet up. :{)

Took a ride, got lost, saw a new place, found a cool road, almost ran out of gas, found my way home. What more can you ask for.

US 421 west of Frankfort, KY is fun. I'll be going back soon.

Thats the way it should always be...great ride...

Woke up to my wife asking if we could ride our bikes to breakfast. I almost fell out of bed, she is still trying to get comfortable with her CB500x and until today has stayed in the neighborhood for her rides. So we took back roads and stayed off main highways. She had fun and is already talking where to go next Sunday for breakfast. Progress!

nwC... That is so awesome, Progress! Cherish this time with her. My wife grew up riding dirt bikes and so did i. When we were first married she had no hesitation at all to riding her own bike with me. Then after we were married for a while she gravitated to riding more Pillion with me, then for the past few years she had no desire to ride and now she won't even get on the bike with me. For some reason she is now terrified of motorcycles and won't even sit on it with me in the parking lot! I really miss riding together with her to different places. We used to go for an evening ride a couple of times a week, i so enjoyed that. (maybe she/we're just getting older/cautious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back