• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason I take my wheels to the dealer. They will mount and balance for $25 if I take them the wheel and order tires from them. I research tire prices on line and they match them. Good deal in my opinion.

Cycle Gear does it for $25 as well, if you bring them the wheels. I doubt they're the most skilled technicians but I have had any fly off the wheel yet.

I buy my tires from mom/pop shop in Scottsburg Indiana. They own some property (weekend camp) near my house and they charge me $20 to mount/balance the tires if I bring the wheels in-sometimes they give me a discount and charge $0 for mounting...I don't have to worry about matching because they always give me a discount on the tires also (just a few $ more than their cost)-they allow me to look thru their books when I decide new tires need to be ordered....

There's a tire shop here that charged me $15 per tire to get my old Virago 250 tires installed. I took them the old tires and wheels along with the new tires and picked them up after work. I'm always impressed with how well they have accommodated over the years with car and truck tires, too. It makes you thankful for places like that when you hear how much some of these people charge. Crazy!

SuperD. I used some HD outdoor type double sided adhesive. My son wanted to drill holes and use pop rivets. I laughed and said "Let's try this first before we go drillin' holes".
:{)

So, thursday i had a small window of time before my departure and i was able to get my new 12v/dual USB plug wired... works great! and returned the LED/Clock to it's proper display when i was finished hahaha. :{)

newly wired USB and 12v plug into Frunk JULY 2018.jpg

My sweet wife of 25 years even offered to drag the TT the 2hr trip up to camp so i could ride the bike... unsolicited even!! :{)

NC at zion family camp2 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Put this Madstad I scored on ebay for $107 shipped on.
25105b5cd61aab84e.jpg

Booblinker, you will like the Madstad. Be sure to tighten the knobs each time you start a ride.

Booblinker, you will like the Madstad. Be sure to tighten the knobs each time you start a ride.

I got tired of my Madstad knobs constantly needing tightening so I adjusted the screen to where I could live with it and applied some Loctite Threadlocker and haven't had to touch the knobs since.

We took off on a ride at 0700 temp 63ºF, got back at 1215 temp 87ºF.

Rode through miles of back roads dividing farm lands with lots of crops.

It's about the only way to see green stuff in the summer. :cool:

Today's morning ride was 150 miles with about 20 of that on unpaved roads. We've had a lot of rain lately and the bike got quite dirty. For the last couple of months I didn't wash the bike with S100 soap and water preferring to use spray detailer on the plastic parts so this afternoon I took a couple hours to wash it really well.

.... rode to work, as usual. Haha.

She's got about 6,000 miles on this oil so I decided to check the level - yup, still fine and good to go. Rear tire has a small air leak out of the valve stem I think, so gonna have to replace that when it's time for a new tire, but that won't be for quite a while. Added some RideOn, filled 'er up and off I went.

40,000 some-odd thousand miles, good to go. I did valves at 34000ish I believe, and all of them were tight -- a little. Adjusted all to spec back then and will do it again at 46000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back