• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a box oh so many years ago. I traveled with it too. It was good at folding, spindling, mutilating and pureeing multitudes of groceries. It could make the best oil and grease containers foam open. . It could make a milk shake, strawberry smoothie or scrambled eggs (with shells) in a jiffy though. It was a marvel.
There's a bakery in San Jose (Peter's bakery) that makes a burnt almond that my son loves, from there to my house is 80 miles and 2 years ago I got a cake for his birthday, put it in my frunk and it was fine, last year it got put on my rear rack, yeah looked like it was dropped from chest high [emoji848] got to remember that for next time[emoji23]
I like the milk shake idea though

I had a box oh so many years ago. I traveled with it too. It was good at folding, spindling, mutilating and pureeing multitudes of groceries. It could make the best oil and grease containers foam open. . It could make a milk shake, strawberry smoothie or scrambled eggs (with shells) in a jiffy though. It was a marvel.

Ha! Did some of the prep work for you already!

Gave my son his first riding lesson today on my NC. He did pretty good. He still needs to take the safety class, but he's on his way. #prouddad

So last night i met up with the guy and finished the deal. We switched all of my stuff over to his bike and everything worked just fine and he bailed to finish getting ready for a month long trip(np). So, while i was installing all of the hardware, and cleaning out the never before used threaded holes that had been filled with road grim/sand/dirt, i noticed there was an issue... As i was trying to install the rear rack brackets they would not clear the plastic body parts. The gap/openings were different sizes. The plastics had a larger tab to fit up inside the brackets and the bracket openings were smaller. Perplexed, i removed the tail plastics and was able to discern there was a definite issue. I then realized there must be a difference in his 2014 NC700 brackets and my 2012. Not willing to concede after the great deal i had made for them.... I checked the bracket hole dimensions with the plastics off, and the brackets bolted right on. I then modified the body parts with a little "Plastic Surgery" and voila...they fit! :{)

body parts luggage installation.JPG

body parts luggage installation2.jpg

body parts luggage installation3.JPG

body parts luggage installation5.jpg

Last edited:
For a total of three hours, including a lot of visiting about his recent trip from Spokane Wa to the Artic Ocean in Alaska and back. Now for the final installation on my bike!! :{)
body parts luggage installation6.jpg

body parts luggage installation7.jpg

body parts luggage installation8.jpg

So last night i met up with the guy and finished the deal. We switched all of my stuff over to his bike and everything worked just fine and he bailed to finish getting ready for a month long trip(np). So, while i was installing all of the Hardware, cleaning out the never used before threaded holes that had been filled with road grim/sand/dirt and i was able to get the brackets on when i noticed there was an issue... As i was trying to install the rear rack brackets they would not clear the plastic body parts. The gap/openings were different sizes. The plastics had a larger tab to fit up inside the brackets and the bracket openings were smaller. Perplexed, i removed the tail plastics and was able to discern there was a definite issue. I then realized there must be a difference in his 2014 NC700 brackets and my 2012. Not willing to concede after the great deal i checked the bracket hole dimensions and the with the plastics off, the brackets bolted right one. I then modified the body parts with a little "Plastic Surgery" and voila...they fit! :{)

2012 models required that the plastics be trimmed to fit the luggage grab rails. It was even in the instructions and they had a template showing you where to cut. See screen shot below. On subsequent model years, the grab rails are the same, but the plastics design was reworked by Honda to be compatible.

446AC02B-470F-4550-B315-E645656D2312.jpg

Here is the instruction pdf but I don’t know if the link will work:
https://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/MAIN010.aspx

Last edited:
Thanks Greg... I wish i would have thought to take a minute and look that up so i could have done a cleaner job. I made them close and they work nicely so i am happy about it. Ride On!! :{)

SuperD... So far I like them a lot. I will be removing the left one in the next few weeks and fabricating a cradle/bracket to hold my "old man's Tent/Cot" that i purchased to use while i make some over night runs in preparation for next years Alaska trip with my son. I'll start a new thread for that build so folks can follow along that would like to. Then when our trip gets a little closer i'll start one for that as well. :{)

Here is a link to the Cot/Tent i bought. My son liked it so much he has already bought one for the Alaskan trip. He's already taken it out and used it a couple of times and loves it. I have set mine up in he living room and tried it out, so far so good and there is plenty of room for my 6'6" frame! :{)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-One-Person-Cot-Tent/373471042

I'm constantly looking for the best sleeping rig. i've tried pads, cots, air mattresses, and hammocks. this looks like a pretty good rig in decent weather. I wonder about wind and how big is the package.

Here is a link to the Cot/Tent i bought. My son liked it so much he has already bought one for the Alaskan trip. He's already taken it out and used it a couple of times and loves it. I have set mine up in he living room and tried it out, so far so good and there is plenty of room for my 6'6" frame! :{)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-One-Person-Cot-Tent/373471042

Man Oh Man. I wish they had that stuff when I was younger. What a cool idea. A place under for your shoes/boots that is not on the ground. Can sit inside to dress/undress out of the rain. Hard to believe it is 33lbs though.
I am too soft now so have a combo trailer/sleeper for me and the boys. (And for me and my wonderful wife to see some of our country. I have seen many others. Now time to see mine.)

https://www.livinlite.com/images/homepage/2018/Livin-Lite-CampLite-Travel-Trailer.jpg

In BLUE.

Attachments

• Livin-Lite-CampLite-Travel-Trailer.jpg
    Livin-Lite-CampLite-Travel-Trailer.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Ordered a new pair of tires for the NC girl... With these high heat temps we've been having lately my tires' tread is disappearing super fast. The pair should be here wednesday, sure be nice to have the ole' girl shod with a new pair!! :{)

Ordered a new pair of tires for the NC girl... With these high heat temps we've been having lately my tires' tread is disappearing super fast. The pair should be here wednesday, sure be nice to have the ole' girl shod with a new pair!! :{)

So what did you order? I have a Zion/Bryce/Mojave trip coming up on Labor Day week, and want but don't necessarily need a new set before then....

C-Chris.. That will be a beautiful ride. I've taken my family there during one of our family vacations. It is absolutely beautiful country, more so on a bike. For the tires I bought these.. A CONTI-CONTIMOTION-120-70ZR17 for the front, and a 150-70-17-Shinko-SR741 for the rear. Both were about $75@ on FleaBay with free shipping of course...

:{)

Last edited:
Finally got it in for a new Road 5, once the PR 4 was off they could see that the cut was just outside of the area the RideOn covered.

Running with 4 plugs in it probably wouldn't have been the wisest idea anyway.

Got home from work early Friday morning (unforcasted swing-shift) with the last segment on the fuel gauge flashing. Later in the day I rode the bike out to the nearest non-ethanol filling station to refuel (55MPG) and when I went to start the bike the battery was mysteriously low again- the bike wouldn't start! I'm glad it didn't screw me at 1am in the dark parking lot on base, but c'mon.

I remembered I had the jump kit with me so I unpacked it and realized I don't have a screwdriver to reach the battery. :mad:

I was sure I had a pigtail to plug into the battery maintainer plug but don't :mad:

Borrowed a screwdriver and discover the clips on the little jump-box are too big to latch on the tiny battery terminals. :mad:

Got the + lead to stay on, and after several attempts managed to hold the - lead against the - terminal and get the bike started. Then, in my frustration to clear the pumps, I put it in gear with the side-stand down. :mad:

So I had to repeat the entire process with my helmet and gloves on this time. :mad:

On my way home I stopped at a traffic light and when I went to put my left leg down my pant's cuff caught on the bolt head again; almost fell over. :mad: Seriously, am I the only one having this problem, and who thought it was a good idea to put that bolt there?

Got home and made a pigtail and put it in the jump kit. Put the tool-roll back in the side bag.

Bike has started every attempt since then, so I'm thinking there's a loose plate in the battery and it's shorting internally (had a truck with the same problem- sometimes it works, some times it doesn't. Always works when you stop at the parts store and have it tested).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back