• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750XD LEFT SIDE PANEL REMOVAL

ccrider60

Reaction score
Visit site
New bike owner! Just broke in this past summer and now doing some modifications. I am trying to get the Left side panel off and believe I know how (I have service manual and have been up to youtube); however, I am afraid to pull to hard in the center to release the "boss". Am I just being a scaredy cat? Thanks for any advise.

We are talking for 2021 model?
I just istall usb on mine today and i follow exacly this with no problem

I did that for usb and alarm so i have to thank Kss for the video and TNHoosier for showing the 12v switced wires to another thread...!!!

Last edited:
Are talking about the red panel? If so, the center is a post that pops into a grommet. Be more careful with the lower forward 'hook' that points up. It is easy to break, don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:
LOL. Actually its the slender silver one above the red piece. It has one clip on one side and a little hook in the front that once you pop the center free it will move forward to release. But the center is so tight that it feels like something will break I have to pull so hard and I see no movement at all?

We are talking for 2021 model?
I just istall usb on mine today and i follow exacly this with no problem

I did that for usb and alarm so i have to thank Kss for the video and TNHoosier for showing the 12v switced wires to another thread...!!!
Yes 2021 and I did watch that video as well. It just isn't moving at all, I would think that sence it is soft materials you would see a little give and yes the clip is out. Maybe I just have to pull with everything I have and if it breaks it breaks.

It is great you have the service manual. I had to work from the back to the front getting the clips, etc. free. You need to get tab #2 free so you can pull outward to get boss #3 out of the grommet. Then, you can push forward to free hook #5.

If you could spray some WD40 on #3 it will help. When re assembling, a very thin coat of silicone on the grommet will help future removal.

Also if you have some plastic trim tools you can pry *gently* between the black and silver pieces to help release tab #2.

It is great you have the service manual. I had to work from the back to the front getting the clips, etc. free. You need to get tab #2 free so you can pull outward to get boss #3 out of the grommet. Then, you can push forward to free hook #5.

If you could spray some WD40 on #3 it will help. When re assembling, a very thin coat of silicone on the grommet will help future removal.

Also if you have some plastic trim tools you can pry *gently* between the black and silver pieces to help release tab #2.
I believe tab #2 is free, the right side can come out a good 1/4". The suggestion for #3 is interesting I will make another attempt to see if I can get at it with some spray. Can't hurt.

I have had WD-40 cause some plastics to dissolve and disintegrate. It may be fine on the NC’s panels (ABS?), but after past experience, I keep WD away from plastics.

I installed the Honda USB kit yesterday following that video. You don't have to remove the last two panels. You can install the kit working from the front after removing the panel that has the turn signal.

I broke one of the small clips molded into the long silver panel (the first panel to be removed) and used Gorilla glue to stick the nubbin back on.

Note the Honda USB kit is a a USB - C connector. That is the small one, so I now have to make a trip to BestBuy or Amazon to get the correct charging cables for my Cardo and 'phone.

Back