• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did nothing with the NC. My two wheel adventures have lately been on bicycle, in approximately 70 degree F weather. I try to ride 30 miles per day.

The bicycle is a 1975 Schwinn. I should have posted in the non NC section. Sorry.

View attachment 48379
Ok, where are you and it is 70'F....that ground does not look like Illinois clay.....

Hit the 5 digit mileage mark on my 21

FpxTbrWh.jpg

I’ve had bad luck with Battery Tender products and I don’t even need another charger, but I couldn’t pass up a Junior clearanced at half price. If nothing else I can use the wire, connectors and fuse holder.

1901AAE5-B957-4574-82E6-41DFDEC4F01D.jpeg

I’ve had bad luck with Battery Tender products and I don’t even need another charger, but I couldn’t pass up a Junior clearanced at half price. If nothing else I can use the wire, connectors and fuse holder.

View attachment 48417
Wow, interesting. I have been using battery tender products on up to 6 motorcycles at a time for years, with never an issue. There are 3 hooked up as I type including my quad which I only use for snow plowing in the winter. 4 if you include the battery tender jr hooked up to the battery in my lawn tractor. Whenever I am not riding my battery powered vehicles, they are hooked up to battery tender jrs.

Wow, interesting. I have been using battery tender products on up to 6 motorcycles at a time for years, with never an issue. There are 3 hooked up as I type including my quad which I only use for snow plowing in the winter. 4 if you include the battery tender jr hooked up to the battery in my lawn tractor. Whenever I am not riding my battery powered vehicles, they are hooked up to battery tender jrs.
Good that the BTs are working for you. The two Juniors I previously owned broke. I cut the wire off to use for other uses, but the chargers went in the trash.

I have a 2 year old 4 amp Battery Tender as well, but it just doesn’t work right. It was connected to my boat and at some point locked up and quit charging, and I was not aware until the boat battery went dead.

A foot of snow last week.

33 degrees (F) today

Forecast for Saturday is 60 degrees (F) with some chance of rain.

Then cold again starting Sunday afternoon.

Looks like we get a 1 day break in the weather here for riding. Rain be damned, I'm going to ride on Saturday.

A foot of snow last week.

33 degrees (F) today

Forecast for Saturday is 60 degrees (F) with some chance of rain.

Then cold again starting Sunday afternoon.

Looks like we get a 1 day break in the weather here for riding. Rain be damned, I'm going to ride on Saturday.
That’s the spirit!

Forecast for 60 degrees on Sunday. I got excited until I read that winds were forecast to be 40mph and gusty. :mad:

Forecast for 60 degrees on Sunday. I got excited until I read that winds were forecast to be 40mph and gusty. :mad:
You get some of my weather about 1/2 day later than I have it.

Our Saturday morning is supposed to be breezy with heavy winds coming later in the day, heavy thunderstorms in the evening. And then snow again on Tuesday.

My wife has a destination in mind for us to ride to. 86 miles away, all on back roads. Apparently gourmet food is involved.

You get some of my weather about 1/2 day later than I have it.

Our Saturday morning is supposed to be breezy with heavy winds coming later in the day, heavy thunderstorms in the evening. And then snow again on Tuesday.

My wife has a destination in mind for us to ride to. 86 miles away, all on back roads. Apparently gourmet food is involved.
70/80, Sunny all weekend,Palm City Fl

74 and sunny Saturday, rain Sunday and Monday ( up to 2" Monday). I'll likely miss riding Monday. Dont mind getting caught in rain, hate taking off in it.

Got my seat back from Laam Custom Seats. Put it on the NC and went for a 120+ mile ride to see how it feels. It is great, exactly what I wanted. I only got the front done since I ride alone. I requested the following:
- add 1" to the height
- raise front of seat to prevent sliding forward
- move seat pocket to the rear of the seat
- add width to the seat pocket

I won't need to get lowered foot pegs now so I might invest in some highway pegs for droning on the highway.

Attachments

• seat_3.jpg
    seat_3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
  • seat_2.jpg
    seat_2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
  • seat_1.jpg
    seat_1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106
Got my seat back from Laam Custom Seats. Put it on the NC and went for a 120+ mile ride to see how it feels. It is great, exactly what I wanted. I only got the front done since I ride alone. I requested the following:
- add 1" to the height

I won't need to get lowered foot pegs now so I might invest in some highway pegs for droning on the highway.
Looks like a RDL with chevron stitching. Like it!

- add 1" to the height

Looks great! Given what I have learned trying many seats, I wonder, since this arrangement works for you, if you might have a 34”+ inseam.

Noticed some seepage around the forks today. Thought I might have to do a rebuild. Lifted the dust seals and cleaned out the forks seals. Seems to have solved the problem. Only had to sacrifice a plastic milk carton at the altar of the motorcycle gods to make the tool...so thankful that I don't have to do a full rebuild. The dust seals are a little sketchy. Will add them to my list for the next dealer visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back