• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my seat back from Laam Custom Seats. Put it on the NC and went for a 120+ mile ride to see how it feels. It is great, exactly what I wanted. I only got the front done since I ride alone. I requested the following:
- add 1" to the height
- raise front of seat to prevent sliding forward
- move seat pocket to the rear of the seat
- add width to the seat pocket

I won't need to get lowered foot pegs now so I might invest in some highway pegs for droning on the highway.
Looks great! Compliments your bike. Enjoy it, & safe riding.

Got my seat back from Laam Custom Seats. Put it on the NC and went for a 120+ mile ride to see how it feels. It is great, exactly what I wanted. I only got the front done since I ride alone. I requested the following:
- add 1" to the height
- raise front of seat to prevent sliding forward
- move seat pocket to the rear of the seat
- add width to the seat pocket

I won't need to get lowered foot pegs now so I might invest in some highway pegs for droning on the highway.
Looks really nice and I imagine it's pretty comfortable!

Flat out gorgeous day today so got about 1.5 hours in. Tried out my new Cardo Packtalk Black as well. It’s very good at least in terms of music, GPS, and voice control. Was riding solo so couldn’t test the mesh intercom. This replaces my old UClear that was about 5 years old. The 45mm speakers on the Black sounded very good. And was very pleasantly surprised that the voice control (“Hey Cardo”) worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
Put my new Barkbusters hand guards on. Waiting on the plastics to arrive. A side note: using a pick set and needle nose pliers is a much easier way to remove the retaining clip vs trying to do it the way the instructions tell you to.

Attachments

• B8C1EEA9-A017-48E3-83BB-51EDF254C3FF.jpeg
    B8C1EEA9-A017-48E3-83BB-51EDF254C3FF.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
Put my new Barkbusters hand guards on. Waiting on the plastics to arrive. A side note: using a pick set and needle nose pliers is a much easier way to remove the retaining clip vs trying to do it the way the instructions tell you to.
The picture reminds me of something else I like about BarkBusters. The finger and bar end protection remains when the plastics are removed. In the summer I remove the plastics to get air flow up my sleeves.

The picture reminds me of something else I like about BarkBusters. The finger and bar end protection remains when the plastics are removed. In the summer I remove the plastics to get air flow up my sleeves.
I do the same with my Cycle Gear “Trackside” hand guards. The frame remains in place always, but for summer I quickly and easily remove the plastics with three screws on each side. It’s a feature worth having.

Last edited:
This past Saturday, I took my NC750X manual out for the first ride of 2022, 6 weeks after a broken rib from falling on the ice. I got home, and changed the oil, and somehow I forgot to put the crush washer on the drain plug, refilled the oil, started it up and checked for leaks. None noted, I proceeded to clean and lube the chain. During my clean up, draining the oil from the catch pan to the 5 gal jug, I saw the washer.... and thought DAMN! what to do..... I weighed loosening the drain plug and covering the hole with my finger, while trying to put a washer on the plug, then I decided that would be messy and not the easiest thing to do. Plan B, drain the oil replace the washer, then put the oil back into the bike, I opted against that... for some reason. Plan C... I had just raked leaves, and I walked the bike over to the leaves and CAREFULLY laid it down, that way I could remove the plug as the air pocket was by the plug, put the washer on and tighten it back up, lift the bike and get it back into the driveway. Plan C worked like a charm, except for the fact that I am still recovering from the broken rib, and I could not lift it back up, in fact I hyperextended my elbow trying. To the rescue was my neighbor, who was watching my whole fiasco, he came over to help me lift it back up. I felt DUMB DUMB DUMB, at least my wife didn't see it on the camera!

This past Saturday, I took my NC750X manual out for the first ride of 2022, 6 weeks after a broken rib from falling on the ice. I got home, and changed the oil, and somehow I forgot to put the crush washer on the drain plug, refilled the oil, started it up and checked for leaks. None noted, I proceeded to clean and lube the chain. During my clean up, draining the oil from the catch pan to the 5 gal jug, I saw the washer.... and thought DAMN! what to do..... I weighed loosening the drain plug and covering the hole with my finger, while trying to put a washer on the plug, then I decided that would be messy and not the easiest thing to do. Plan B, drain the oil replace the washer, then put the oil back into the bike, I opted against that... for some reason. Plan C... I had just raked leaves, and I walked the bike over to the leaves and CAREFULLY laid it down, that way I could remove the plug as the air pocket was by the plug, put the washer on and tighten it back up, lift the bike and get it back into the driveway. Plan C worked like a charm, except for the fact that I am still recovering from the broken rib, and I could not lift it back up, in fact I hyperextended my elbow trying. To the rescue was my neighbor, who was watching my whole fiasco, he came over to help me lift it back up. I felt DUMB DUMB DUMB, at least my wife didn't see it on the camera!
I have laid my motorcycle on its side to change clutch plates. I applaud your problem solving ability!

55 miles round trip for some Popeye's spicy fried chicken :p mmmmm good

58 degrees F today. We are supposed to look like melensdad's pic tomorrow, 18 & 19 degrees for lows Sat and Sun but then in the 60's Mon, Tues and Wed of next week. Sometimes we have 3 seasons in one week lol

I swapped out the 17 tooth front sprocket for the 16 tooth.

Attachments

• D0DBE9AA-51F1-4886-AE4C-016D7C8CC237.jpeg
    D0DBE9AA-51F1-4886-AE4C-016D7C8CC237.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • E0195929-6B4A-4305-B8C9-D77206A41736.jpeg
    E0195929-6B4A-4305-B8C9-D77206A41736.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
55 miles round trip for some Popeye's spicy fried chicken :p mmmmm good

58 degrees F today. We are supposed to look like melensdad's pic tomorrow, 18 & 19 degrees for lows Sat and Sun but then in the 60's Mon, Tues and Wed of next week. Sometimes we have 3 seasons in one week lol
Supposed to hit 9(F) degrees tomorrow morning.

I prefer Popeye's mild fried chicken and love their red beans & rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back