• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
been snowing here in southern Indiana/Louisville since 930am and it is 20'F now at 420pm and roads are packed ice now from cars....going to be single digits here in the morning...

Same here, its why I rode early this morning. Started snowing about noon, has been snowing for 5 hours and supposed to snow for 4 more. Have a sinking suspicion Im not riding tomorrow. Supposed to be 10 in the morning with below zero windchills.

But Sat its supposed to be 44 and 45 Sunday, so I may only miss 1 day of riding

Good to hear some of you guys are still out there riding for the rest of us snow locked! The snow level is now above the lower edge of my cover and still climbing.
:{)

. . . Supposed to be 10 in the morning with below zero windchills.
We have been having highs near 10-15 degrees and strong winds for a few days. The snow is currently off the roads but it is just too darn cold. This week has been brutally cold.

Hit the low seventies today, to remind us why we pay so darn much for everything.
Rode to work and found a bunch of bikes at the office, since it was the second warm day after over two weeks of rain and freeze.

I really admire those of you with the courage to ride below freezing. Spent too many years in Chicago to risk those roads in winter on two wheels.
Point it southwest and we'll host you until your snow melts. Lots of snowbirds around.

Good to hear some of you guys are still out there riding for the rest of us snow locked! The snow level is now above the lower edge of my cover and still climbing.
:{)
I feel your pain, we're getting 20cm (8-ish inch) of snow (with some rain mixed in the middle) today, and then another delivery of snow on Sunday. I'm unlikely to wake the bikes from their basement naps until mid-April.
Time for bike maintenance days instead, I guess!

I feel your pain, we're getting 20cm (8-ish inch) of snow (with some rain mixed in the middle) today, and then another delivery of snow on Sunday. I'm unlikely to wake the bikes from their basement naps until mid-April.
Time for bike maintenance days instead, I guess!
Dang that's a long time to go without riding.

About 6” of fresh snow here, 8F this morning. Gonna get above freezing Sunday. Snow will disappear by Monday and we’ll be back to daytime highs in the 40’s. Chilly but doable

Dang that's a long time to go without riding.
I really admire your determination and tenacity to ride in the cold.

I lost my zest to ride in below freezing temps a few years ago, even with a heated vest, which helps a lot.

My bike usually sleeps from Halloween through to late March.
Temp right now here is -25F without wind chill.
With wind chill it's -49F.

Yea, I'm good down to zero and a little below (lowest was -9 in 1981) but I'm afraid -25 below might be even a little out of my comfort range lol

Honestly if the roads are clear and dry, and I'm dressed for it, I get just as much pleasure out of riding on a 20 degree day , as I do on a 50 degree day. The other day when it was 16 out I had a great ride. As long as I come home smiling, I'm good.

This is after it had been snowing for about 3 hours. It was taken 7 hours ago and the storm is still in progress. We had no snow down until mid-day today.
My worst nightmare lol

It's 9 degrees F right now, but going to 42 tomorrow so our roads will be clear enough to ride by 2 pm (fingers crossed)

Plowed my drive yesterday with my Honda quad with snow blade, got up to 37 degrees today and by 4 PM I was able to get out for a nice 43 miler

wyOaXm4h.jpg

My 300 feet of driveway is covered with ice. I’m not even driving the car today, and definitely not riding a motorcycle. I hope it dries up for car travel on Monday because I bought a lift ticket at a ski resort. If the weather is too wintry for riding, don’t complain; go skiing!

My 300 feet of driveway is covered with ice. I’m not even driving the car today, and definitely not riding a motorcycle. I hope it dries up for car travel on Monday because I bought a lift ticket at a ski resort. If the weather is too wintry for riding, don’t complain; go skiing!
One year my wife and I were riding thru Lake Placid New York on our way to Maine and we stopped and looked at the 90 meter Ski jump there that they used in the Olympics.. I asked my wife if she could imagine going to the top of that, putting two skinny slick boards on the bottom of your feet and then shoving off? Skiing? I'll stick to motorcycling lol. Seems safer.

or maybe combine the two sports

One year my wife and I were riding thru Lake Placid New York on our way to Maine and we stopped and looked at the 90 meter Ski jump there that they used in the Olympics.. I asked my wife if she could imagine going to the top of that, putting two skinny slick boards on the bottom of your feet and then shoving off? Skiing? I'll stick to motorcycling lol. Seems safer.

or maybe combine the two sports

Ski jumping is a bit radical, although I have never tried it and likely won’t (BTW, I have been on the top of that ski jump at Lake Placid while on a motorcycle trip). General alpine snow skiing and motorcycling have similarities. People who don’t engage in or understand the sport often write it off as “too dangerous“. Like motorcycling, the better training you have and the more skilled skier you become, the less the chance of injury. I figure I have as much chance of getting hurt on the wintry drive to the resort as I do actually skiing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back