• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 200M round trip up to Lake Placid with the group from the neighborhood (did Easter yesterday with the family). Harleys, Triumphs, and me. One Triumph was a 2022 street triple that just passed its break-in period. When we left Lake Placid it would not start, threw a code, disabled the starter and said call the dealer. He let it set and the bike started but the CE light stayed on.

The NC just plugged reliably along! Though I have changed my opinion on the front suspension. I think it was DDuelin or 670CC who said the front end was over damped and under sprung. I think that is the case.
Lake placid…. We’re you in the Adirondacks? If that’s the case, not many on this forum from my neck of the woods! I’m up in the Adirondacks all the time, with lake placid area being the northern portion of my longer loop.

Lake placid…. We’re you in the Adirondacks? If that’s the case, not many on this forum from my neck of the woods! I’m up in the Adirondacks all the time, with lake placid area being the northern portion of my longer loop.
Sorry for being imprecise. Lake Placid, Florida.

Good luck on the move. We moved to PA last year. Moving is a pain, but lots of nice twisty roads here!
Went for almost a 2 hour ride in rural PA on a beautiful 66 degree day. Came to the realization that I absolutely need to replace the factory seat though. It is horrible!
Uship. Congratulations on the sale!

I did the easy slope adjustment already. The seat itself is uncomfortable.
I am looking at a Corbin & seat Concepts Comfort Low
Despite Corbin's high price after recent increases, which I am unwilling to pay right now, they are exceptionally good seats and my wife and I both found them to be extremely comfortable. But seats are like tires and windscreens in that they are victims of subjective opinions. My seat concepts should be here soon, and I'll share my thoughts here; meanwhile @670cc has shared a pic and opinion on the SC seat recently here.

If the SC does not work out for me, I'll bite the bullet and buy a Corbin.

I did the easy slope adjustment already. The seat itself is uncomfortable.
I am looking at a Corbin & seat Concepts Comfort Low
I had a Corbin and liked it so much that my wife now rides with it on her NC700x

Currently riding with a slightly modified Russel's Day Long saddle on my bike and it is even more comfortable than the Corbin

Low 40's today here and we had guests, so no riding today. Forecast has snow coming over night so I should wake up to a light snow covering on the ground for Monday morning. On the bright side, they are predicting 60+(F) degrees on Thursday.

I had a Corbin and liked it so much that my wife now rides with it on her NC700x

Currently riding with a slightly modified Russel's Day Long saddle on my bike and it is even more comfortable than the Corbin

Low 40's today here and we had guests, so no riding today. Forecast has snow coming over night so I should wake up to a light snow covering on the ground for Monday morning. On the bright side, they are predicting 60+(F) degrees on Thursday.
Thanks for the input guys.
Definitely post after you get you new seat MZ!
Thanks

My Go Cruise came in today (Easter lol). Took seconds to install. No interference with anything. Came with 2 silicone bands (not sure if they are any different, they look the same and of course no instructions)

* edit it is not actually a GO Cruise but I guess an Omni Cruise knock off

Already did my ride this morning ,and headed to Easter dinner at my son's house, so won't get a chance to test it until tomorrow

Bg8R3Wdh.jpg

b8sRYSyh.jpg
Tested out my Omni Cruise today. Gotta say it didn't work too good for me Don't know if the silicone band is too slick, or what, but I can't get it tight enough to hold the throttle even for 100 yards. Pulled over several times and tightened the thumb screw. Set it at 60 on a long flat straight stretch of road and the speed automatically starts tumbling 60, 59,58,57,56,55,54,53 in less than 1/10th of a mile. Gave up for today, pulled it off and will play with it another day I suppose.

Last edited:
I'll be in the Lake Placid / Lake George, NY in early June. I'll be on my ST1300.

Rode the NC into work today. A bit on the cool side, but felt great. Will be perfect on the way home this evening. Planning to get out and ride some Saturday, as it's going to be in the low 80's and sunny here! WOO-HOO!!!

Got the NCX all done and ready for new 2022 adventures. New Michelin R6 tires, new RaceTech heavy duty fork springs + oil. Fork covers. Led diving lights. Lust shock links, Hyperpro custom made heavy rear shock from Holland. New DID chain and sprockets. Scott X auto chain oiler. BarkBuster handguards. Givi side racks and with Nanuk cases. Fresh RottellaT6 oil and filter. Machined new GPS and phone mount to fit MadStad windshield. Made quick release mounts to change between tall and sport windshields.

Attachments

• 278434228_5157656777588791_1183908692851070794_n.jpg
    278434228_5157656777588791_1183908692851070794_n.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 275935821_5091060717581731_7159758006575030252_n.jpg
    275935821_5091060717581731_7159758006575030252_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 276158620_5091060297581773_6468752708642323211_n (1).jpg
    276158620_5091060297581773_6468752708642323211_n (1).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 30
Got the NCX all done and ready for new 2022 adventures. New Michelin R6 tires, new RaceTech heavy duty fork springs + oil. Fork covers. Led diving lights. Lust shock links, Hyperpro custom made heavy rear shock from Holland. New DID chain and sprockets. Scott X auto chain oiler. BarkBuster handguards. Givi side racks and with Nanuk cases. Fresh RottellaT6 oil and filter. Machined new GPS and phone mount to fit MadStad windshield. Made quick release mounts to change between tall and sport windshields.
Welcome and looking good! What kind of seat combination is in the middle picture?

My Go Cruise came in today (Easter lol). Took seconds to install. No interference with anything. Came with 2 silicone bands (not sure if they are any different, they look the same and of course no instructions)

* edit it is not actually a GO Cruise but CDC I guess an Omni Cruise knock off

Already did my ride this morning ,and headed to Easter dinner at my son's house, so won't get a chance to test it until tomorrow

Bg8R3Wdh.jpg

b8sRYSyh.jpg
Looks like the Lee Parks Design, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, I just purchased/installed on my bike. Great for shaking out the wrist when it gets tired/numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back