• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice 100 Mile ride today with a small group of HD's, Trumph's, and Hondas. Perfect weather with a gentle breeze, low humidity, not a cloud in the sky. Estero to Labelle, back through Alva, down through Buckingham, Gateway, then on back to Estero. Took the opportunity to dial in my suspension and it is now just perfect for me (Hyperpro rear, YSS up front).

Nice 100 Mile ride today with a small group of HD's, Trumph's, and Hondas. Perfect weather with a gentle breeze, low humidity, not a cloud in the sky. Estero to Labelle, back through Alva, down through Buckingham, Gateway, then on back to Estero. Took the opportunity to dial in my suspension and it is now just perfect for me (Hyperpro rear, YSS up front).
I appreciate the report on how your suspension mods are working.

Day 308 of riding, another rain bath for the NC. 40 miles, 44 degrees and rain. Rode the "Water Works" loop named after the Cinti Water Works plant 20 miles from home that I pull a U turn in. Mostly flat and straight which is good when road conditions are iffy.

Last edited:
Day 308 of riding, another rain bath for the NC. 40 miles, 44 degrees and rain. Rode the "Water Works" loop named after the Cinti Water Works plant 20 miles from home that I pull a U turn in. Mostly flat and straight which is good when road conditions are iffy.
I rode in the rain for a bit today myself. I first I was riding tight and tense but when I shook it out and relaxed I forgot about it.

Almost all "tense" riding situations require you to relax, then it's not so bad. I ride in the rain so much it's almost normal lol I actually enjoy riding in the rain and other conditions that drive most other motorcyclists indoors.

Last edited:
.... I actually enjoy riding in the rain and other conditions that drive most other motorcyclists indoors.
300 plus riding days a year I would say so. Rain doesn't bother me either. This morning's precipitation was a light mist and it hadn't rained in over a week so I was tense until I wasn't.

Well my NC (variant) is sitting in its berth for the past week or more. We have a colder snap than usual over here and my much favoured backroads are like ice rinks as a result. Too dodgy even for my CRF. I am also smitten with a head cold following quickly on the respiratory illness that I had only recovered from so I can't even go cycling. So the Dawg is my only amusement currently. Here He was pressuring me to get up off my backside and bring him for a walk. I took advantage with the specs......

IMG_3789.JPG

Agree, it's not 'easily' done but very doable with a little finesse & patience. Keep in mind when viewing pics that they were taken after reinstalling my Givi guard, of course. The first two pics denote the liquid flow (leak).

Obviously, the overall design pushes you to remove the pump with the engine pulled, or at least released from frame mounts so you can shift the engine to allow for removal of the assembled pump unit. However, I'm accustomed to dismantling things anyway (a learn as you go approach) and only after having everything off did I realize that the center bolt (blue arrow in pic) is not a mounting bolt but the bolt that holds all the pump parts together (pump, cover, gaskets & plate). Frankly, not knowing this probably saved me a bunch of wasted time trying to pull as a whole.

Even with this dismantled approach, the top & bottom bolts (red circles in pictures) cannot be removed without finesse & patience. I was able to remove them by using a multi-step approach - dethreading these bolts from the engine, so that I could pull the pump from engine and then turn it every so slightly allowing me to turn (thread) the bolts out of the loosened pump/cover assembly, you will not be able to pull the bolts out without harming either threads or mounting holes. Of course, do the opposite steps to re-install but being even more careful not to unseat gaskets or o-rings.

If you find yourself getting frustrated, best to walk away and come back to it after calming down

Hi, did you replaced o-ring due to the oil leak? or coolant? i think i have same leak problem with you and It seems oil leak.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_02.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_02.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 16
  • KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_04.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221215_223100132_04.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
All I did with my NC was wait impatiently for the dealer to call me and let me know it has shipped! It supposedly has a January 6th ship date. I'm afraid by the time it arrives it will be too cold to ride. I did order the heated grips and have my eye on some Carhartt insulated bib cover all though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back