• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rub it in Dave.....In Indiana, Washington and Scott Counties are now in RED.....TNHOOSIER- do not travel up here....The roads are a mess today....Even if road crews put down salt, too cold for salt to work and only going to get colder. It is 19'F and tomorrow morning the temps in southern Indiana are going to be in the negative #s and windchill in the negative teens..... we go 9/10" of ice yesterday and it now snowing....supposed to get 3-5" of snow on top of the ice.....just be careful man.....The Interstates were a mess yesterday and I-65 was shutdown for a while between Henryville and Columbus yesterday due to all the crashes.... Going to go out later and rotate my battery tender around to another bike (hook up the NC700x to it)....I put down rock salt yesterday on steps and deck, didnt do any good...the ice covered the rock salt (too cold)...have to get out the sledge to break up the ice later....
So far with this week's snow I'be broken 3 shear bolts on my snow blower, fortunately near the end of each of my outings.

Last evening I went next door to help the neighbor. He has a 100' long but narrow and fairly steep driveway. Son's truck slipped off the driveway, rear wheels on the lawn, fronts on the asphalt. A snow drift accumulated over/around part of the truck. The truck was blocking the drive and my neighbor was trying to clear a path so he could get out to get to work today. My tractor weighs about 7000#, maybe more with the Farm King snowblower attached to the rear. Between the blower and the front end loader I was able to clear his driveway and then pulled his kid's truck up onto the asphalt.

The blowing and drifting has not stopped. And I can see more snow falling as I'm typing this. Schools are still either cancelled or on delay in my area.

On the bright side, I actually like snow! But these dropping temperatures suck.

Yes. And in summer, if grass could stay green but not grow.
That would be perfect!

Well, just got in from "trying" to plow my drive. I was able to push the inches of snow off the top but not the inch of ice underneath that. This is bad. My drive, and road might not be passable until sometime next week. Morning temps in the 10's and afternoon temps in the 20's is not conducive to melting the ice.

That would be perfect!

Well, just got in from "trying" to plow my drive. I was able to push the inches of snow off the top but not the inch of ice underneath that. This is bad. My drive, and road might not be passable until sometime next week. Morning temps in the 10's and afternoon temps in the 20's is not conducive to melting the ice.
yep....I know I can get down my 250' driveway, but dont think my little prius c could get back up the driveway and I know I couldnt get it back in my barn to park it...got a short 17' grade hump to get up to the barn....my county does not use salt on county roads, only put down black cinders on hills and at intersections...I see 4x4s having issue driving by....stuff may melt some on Sunday...supposed to be around 40'F on Sunday...

Zoysia grass is low maintenance.
Up north Zoysia looks bad because it is dormant brown 5 or 6 months of the year. Looks like someone accidentally sprayed Roundup on their lawn. Zoysia is a warm season grass, whereas cool season grasses are grown in the northern states.

Last edited:
Took my Aerostich R3 for a test ride. I like the more tactile feel I get wearing the suit. Kind of like when I move from my Winter to Summer gloves. Storage is awesome. It is a little cool for the current conditions. I will have to experiment with more layers. Wore my work clothes and a fleece with 5c(41f). Looking forward to Spring.

Took my Aerostich R3 for a test ride. I like the more tactile feel I get wearing the suit. Kind of like when I move from my Winter to Summer gloves. Storage is awesome. It is a little cool for the current conditions. I will have to experiment with more layers. Wore my work clothes and a fleece with 5c(41f). Looking forward to Spring.
There’s good reason Aerostich sells a Windblocker. The 1 piecers aren’t that warm in cold weather and need layers or heated liners for my comfort. In 40 degrees I’d be wearing the rain liner from a mesh jacket over a couple layers or electrics. On the other hand they are bearable in 80 plus with just a single thin wicking foundation.

There’s good reason Aerostich sells a Windblocker. The 1 piecers aren’t that warm in cold weather and need layers or heated liners for my comfort. In 40 degrees I’d be wearing the rain liner from a mesh jacket over a couple layers or electrics. On the other hand they are bearable in 80 plus with just a single thin wicking foundation.
I figured the R3 would be best for my climate, Seattlesque...I can always add the layers. I knew I could go for the original with the liner but figured that wouldn't be good for warm weather and I would just need something else. This seems to be the best compromise. I just have to figure out the best layering.

I figured the R3 would be best for my climate, Seattlesque...I can always add the layers. I knew I could go for the original with the liner but figured that wouldn't be good for warm weather and I would just need something else. This seems to be the best compromise. I just have to figure out the best layering.
I guess I wasn't that clear above. I have a lined Classic and it requires me to don a wind-breaking layer when the temps are in the low 40s. I agree with you.

Hey all, temps were 40f and mostly sunny so i peeled the cover off the NC and took off for a 180 mile ride down through Post Falls and west over to Ritzville Wa where i topped off the fuel tank after fighting a pretty strong head/cross wind and returned home. This is my first trip with the new EliminatoR de-cat exhaust. Power was about the same, nothing i could really feel any difference, (though not to say there weren't improvements). So, the sound is now nothing short of incredible!! Man i love the new "loud pipe", way better sound(imho) than my IXIL DanMoto. So, all in all a great 3 hour/182 mile ride even though i felt it was freezing cold even through all of my winter gear. Interestingly enough, i only attained 51.1 mpg, which is super low for me, hmmm, must have been all of that fun i was having with the new loud pipe!!! :{P

Nothing...waiting for warmer weather (60 or above) to do some maintenance on the Honda (spark plugs, air filter, etc...).....Last Thursday/Friday, I got 9/10" of ice and then 3" of snow on top of the ice, Saturday and Sunday it didnt get above 29'F at my house, my 250' driveway is still solid sheet of ice (downhill and canted from the shed)... It is sunny and in the mid-30s at the house today....so hopefully some of it will melt...0600 this morning, an a$$hat passed me on Hwy160, heading east at a high rate of speed....'hold my beer' moment cause I knew he wasnt going to make the downhill S curve just ahead (heck I did 20mph in the car and traction control/abs chattering like crazy)....yep, he ended up in the small ravine at the bottom of the sharp s curve (top of car even with the road bed).....No where to safely stop to see if injured....drove 2 miles to get cell reception and I called 911...

Nothing...waiting for warmer weather (60 or above) to do some maintenance on the Honda (spark plugs, air filter, etc...).....Last Thursday/Friday, I got 9/10" of ice and then 3" of snow on top of the ice, Saturday and Sunday it didnt get above 29'F at my house, my 250' driveway is still solid sheet of ice (downhill and canted from the shed)... It is sunny and in the mid-30s at the house today....so hopefully some of it will melt...0600 this morning, an a$$hat passed me on Hwy160, heading east at a high rate of speed....'hold my beer' moment cause I knew he wasnt going to make the downhill S curve just ahead (heck I did 20mph in the car and traction control/abs chattering like crazy)....yep, he ended up in the small ravine at the bottom of the sharp s curve (top of car even with the road bed).....No where to safely stop to see if injured....drove 2 miles to get cell reception and I called 911...
Ya can’t fix stupid…

Ordered a skid plate from T-Rex Racing. I’ve purchased products from the company in the past and they are durable and well made. Customer service has always been top notch.

View attachment 48185
Looks nice! Confusing, though . . . did the aluminum expand or did it shrink???

First:
"The skid plate is CNC cut from a solid 3mm sheet of aircraft grade aluminum".

And then:
"Why Pick Our Skid Plate?

Durability and Quality

• 4mm thick aircraft grade aluminum"

Looks nice! Confusing, though . . . does the aluminum expand or does it shrink???

First:
"The skid plate is CNC cut from a solid 3mm sheet of aircraft grade aluminum".

And then:
"Why Pick Our Skid Plate?

Durability and Quality

• 4mm thick aircraft grade aluminum"
Good attention to detail. Yes, this is an area of confusion. If I hadn’t ordered from this company in the past, I would be apprehensive of this. When I receive the package, I’ll take measurements and post on the forum for other members to see.
As far as expanding or shrinking… I am not qualified enough to answer this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back