• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just inferring from your response to @the Ferret that you did ride this bridge? Am I correct on that? I'm with him in that though I could do it, I don't want to!
Yes, I rode the bridge last spring on the way home from the Kickstand Lodge meet, then I rode the same bridge again last week. One of my photos shows me stopped in the middle of it, over the river. I did not want to stop midway for long taking pictures. Since it is long and one lane, bridge users coming have to wait until they can see the bridge is clear of oncoming traffic before starting across. I believe custom is for everyone to always use headlights so it can be clearly see when no one else is on the bridge.

Curious. Is there a "next bike" in you thoughts?

Haven't worn out my NC yet. Honestly I didnt expect to be riding this long. Family history says I shouldnt make it past 78 or 79 ( parents, grandparents, older brother) so my goal was to ride until I was 70. Then at 71 I had some medical issues, but was still riding pretty well so upped it to 72. Made 72, then 73, and in less than 6 months I turn 74, so Im really happy that I have been able to ride this long. Day by day, and no thoughts of a next bike at this point... although if Honda brought in the NT 1100 i'd have a serious look at it.

Haven't worn out my NC yet. Honestly I didnt expect to be riding this long. Family history says I shouldnt make it past 78 or 79 ( parents, grandparents, older brother) so my goal was to ride until I was 70. Then at 71 I had some medical issues, but was still riding pretty well so upped it to 72. Made 72, then 73, and in less than 6 months I turn 74, so Im really happy that I have been able to ride this long. Day by day, and no thoughts of a next bike at this point... although if Honda brought in the NT 1100 i'd have a serious look at it.
Same here, I'd like to see the NT 1100 too.
Ditto on the NT1100. One of my closest friends is a dual citizen of Italy and the USA. Though my buddy is not a rider, his family who are also dual citizens are. They had offered to purchase, import, and transfer title on a NT1100 for me. I unfortunately ran out of time to test ride when I was last there. Other than the lack of shaft drive, and in my mind's eye, it is about perfect for me on paper.

spent 3.5 days and 900 miles in Southern Virginia and Southeastern West Virginia riding the mountains, seeing the "Great Big Thing" (a/k/a Green Bank Telescope), Seneca Rocks, etc. etc. Perfect weather -- although had to break out the heated gear for the ride home (happy for those and the heated grips). 2015 DCT did great -- no issues, and the Sargeant seat was pretty darned comfy until the very end of each day (and nothing, other than possibly a RDL, would likely have done better). Absolutely gorgeous mountain roads and twisties.
I love riding that area. VA 42 from Salt Springs to New Castle, the 311 through Paint Bank up to White Sulphur Springs, the gateway to WV is possibly my most favorite collection of roads.

I’m a bit behind reporting, but last week I spent three days riding the NC and two nights camping near the Wabash River, which forms part of the state border of Illinois and Indiana. The weather was 55F to 70F (great for November) and dry, no wind. I crossed the Wabash River on 6 different bridges, but by far the most interesting was the Wabash Cannonball Bridge. Formerly a railroad bridge, it has been converted to single lane vehicle traffic. The $2 motorcycle toll is paid at the booth in the Illinois town of Francisville. Once down in the bridge area, you can hang out and ride it as much as you wish, but this is a spooky bridge to ride on a motorcycle. You need to keep your head high to stay on the wheel track boards, but look down at times to watch for missing boards or irregularities. The penalty for mismanaging the ride is ending up in the center on railroad ties, or perhaps in the river.

A surprising amount of traffic seemed to cross this bridge in the short time I was there. Here is a link to the bridge history: https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=indiana/wabashcannonball/. See my photos below taken on my previous visit here last spring.

View attachment 53238
View attachment 53235View attachment 53236View attachment 53237
Takes Slippery When Wet to a entire new level.

Day 301... a 63 miler @ 46 degrees, cloudy and windy and turned over another milestone on my 21 DCT

SNAHz8fh.jpg

I'd like to wish everyone here who shares this holiday a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have much to be thankful for. I myself am thankful for all the usual things, plus for this community of riders of the NC750 who share laughs, support and stories. Each of our lives are made somehow better by this gathering place.

Day 305..was 31 degrees on the thermometer when I took off at daybreak to beat some predicted rain supposed to start between 9 and 10am. 58 miles on this morning's ride.

^ yikes

This makes my lunchtime ride today in the low ~50's seem easy. Most of the ride was up a bit of elevation and very shady, so it felt more like 40's.

Next three days below 70, before a potential 80 next week. Nights in the high 40s.
I don't expect to see many bikes before it warms up for the week-end. Most SoCal riders are total wimps about the cold. People look at me weird if I ride on our (few) near-freezing mornings.
17F would cause a lot of heart attacks, before the actual ice on the roads take down the rest and the whole area tumbles into total chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back