• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 52..lunch ride to meet my brother. 43 miles @ 44 degrees and overcast

On a side note.. did you know that if you put a Stanley thermos of hot tea with creme and sugar in the frunk to drink with your lunch, but neglect to tighten the lid properly, you can lose 2/3 of it into the frunk on the ride there and not only will it soak everything in the frunk like tools, maps, knit hat, face shield cleaning cloth, etc, but it will actually drip out the bottom of the frunk onto the motor? and eventually run down the left side case and drip on the ground? :oops:

On a side note.. did you know that if you put a Stanley thermos of hot tea with creme and sugar in the frunk to drink with your lunch, but neglect to tighten the lid properly, you can lose 2/3 of it into the frunk on the ride there and not only will it soak everything in the frunk like tools, maps, knit hat, face shield cleaning cloth, etc, but it will actually drip out the bottom of the frunk onto the motor? and eventually run down the left side case and drip on the ground? :oops:
The cream and sugar made the mess. Maybe just go with straight up tea next time.

Day 53..weather terrorists predicted rain all last night , all day today, all night tonight and all day tomorrow..uggg..but at 3 pm today it stopped raining that I could see, so I got dressed and got in a 30 miler in light sprinkles @ 55 degrees

Does that mean you are going to wash it before June this year?

I spent about an hour installing a Puig touring windscreen because I managed to push the nut out of the bracket. Couldn't find it on the floor so I figured it must be on the bike. Searched the right side extensively, since that was the side it came from. Got the wife in on the search and she found it with a flashlight, deep in the dark void under the handlebars on the left side. This time I put a towel over it!

I spent about an hour installing a Puig touring windscreen because I managed to push the nut out of the bracket. Couldn't find it on the floor so I figured it must be on the bike. Searched the right side extensively, since that was the side it came from. Got the wife in on the search and she found it with a flashlight, deep in the dark void under the handlebars on the left side. This time I put a towel over it!
Yep. The most time consuming parts of the project are finding the fastener(s) I dropped. In rare cases I have to fabricate or order a replacement part, as the original was never seen again.

Yep. The most time consuming parts of the project are finding the fastener(s) I dropped. In rare cases I have to fabricate or order a replacement part, as the original was never seen again.
Finding lost fasteners and trying to remember where I put down my tools. Most notorious is the 10mm socket. I have 3 of them now after "losing" one, buying a replacement, then finding the "lost" one.

Last edited:
Fun on a Saturday morning. With a can of red spray paint and an empty parking lot I set up "The Intersection" cone pattern for practicing the three 18' U-turns and four 90 degree turns that make up the pattern. In lieu of cones I made paint spots on the pavement. Any parking lot with 6 adjacent standard parking spots in two rows, 12 spots total, can be used to set up circles, figure 8s, and The Intersection.

A couple of weekends ago I took a motorcycle safety course riding the Goldwing that included this pattern and others. This one humbled me ( I dropped the Goldwing ) so I determined to set up my own pattern near my house to practice one my own time.

video is 1 minute. Don't expect much.... I leaned my phone up against a light standard and it only shows half the pattern.

IMG_3994.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been covering a lot of lane splitting miles in heavy traffic so I thought it prudent to try out a motorcycle dash cam. I went with INNOVV K6 because it's a relatively compact system, albeit a little pricey. Hardest part of the install was figuring out where to mount the front camera. I ended up using two of the provided L brackets, with one bent "obtusely" attached to the Madstad side deflector mount. I have my windscreen lifted sufficiently high where the camera can peek out from underneath.

I originally powered the system using the provided DC converter into my Thunderbox, but I was experiencing an issue where the dashcam would stay powered on for a minute and shutoff. I then tried the provided USB power connector which plugs into my USB Hub (also connected via the Thunderbox) and for some reason, observed steady power >1 min. I'm not super happy with this setup because I have to snake a wire from my frunk through the access hatch. I did order a 90 degree USB-A adapter so that wire's intrusion into the frunk space is minimized. I'm hoping that the DC converter I received is faulty and reached out to INNOVV for a replacement. From what I've heard, alot of their stuff is hit or miss at times, but they do have excellent customer support. I only tested in my garage to make sure the dashcam would stay powered on and was recording at the specified intervals. I'll have some actual commuting footage to share on Monday.

PXL_20240310_061229114.jpg
PXL_20240310_061239718.MP.jpg
PXL_20240310_061257067.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled the BatteryMinder off mine and transferred that to one of the boat batteries. Then spent a few hours helping my youngest work on the '86 SP200.
IMG_1699.jpeg

We also spent most of Saturday working on my older boy's camper, building some interior cabinets to replace the fold down bunk above the dinette.

Last edited:
Here's a clip from the recently installed dashcam on a short section of my morning commute. Looks like I need to rotate it a tad, but overall very happy with it.

Edit: looks like some of the video quality is lost on upload. The front camera shoots at 2K resolution is is pretty clear.

Back