• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

An unseasonably warm day today. It is early March and we hit 75 degrees F. I felt really odd wearing summer weight gloves.
My motorcycle club has picked a new restaurant for this Saturday's breakfast ride. I went looking for nice routes to ride to the restaurant. 147 miles for the day.

1 and 1/2 Fit engines?

Doing something different. Trailering 475 miles to the N GA mountains for a few days instead of riding there. I must admit packing was a lot easier and because it’s going to be very warm, then very wet, and then very cold across the weekend into next week I could pack extra jackets/pants for the conditions.

IMG_4013.jpeg

1 and 1/2 Fit engines?

Doing something different. Trailering 475 miles to the N GA mountains for a few days instead of riding there. I must admit packing was a lot easier and because it’s going to be very warm, then very wet, and then very cold across the weekend into next week I could pack extra jackets/pants for the conditions.

View attachment 53730
Despite the ridicule sometimes received from fellow motorcyclists when trailering, I think it‘s a great option, at times. When I trailer to a destination, I better enjoy the riding while there. I take all my provisions with me, except fuel. I’m not dependent on hotels or restaurants, like many people are if they travel by motorcycle. I like it both ways, but trailering removes some of the hassle and increases comfort, while still allowing for a great motorcycle experience at the destination.

I'm surprised a Fit can tow a trailer and motorcycle.
In overseas markets the 2006-2013 Jazz/Fit with the 1.5 liter engine has a tow capacity is 450 kg or just under 1000 lbs or so goes the forum group think. People have toured with small camping trailers and pulled light utility and enclosed trailers. In the US owners manuals it states towing is not recommended - “The vehicle is not designed for towing and may void warranty.” This trailer weighs 400 lbs and the moto about 550 as equipped. Power wise it’s not a problem but extra braking distance is heeded.

Last edited:
Wow, giving that I just ordered a pair Michelin Road 5s, this is brilliant news :) I hope I can make this much mileage with mines!
I paid a pretty penny for a Road 6 rear, but within the first 300 miles got a nail through the edge + sidewall of the tire .

I'm currently on the theory of using a cheaper tire, with slightly more frequent changes to protect myself from "career ending" punctures which prevents me from realizing the full benefits of premium tires. Currently running a Shinko 009 Raven which I got for $100. About 4k miles on it and it looks like it's got another 4-5k more to go (hopefully). Will definitely update you all with my findings.

Edit: would like to add more frequent tire changes add little cost as I can mount + balance tires in the garage.

I paid a pretty penny for a Road 6 rear, but within the first 300 miles got a nail through the edge + sidewall of the tire .

I'm currently on the theory of using a cheaper tire, with slightly more frequent changes to protect myself from "career ending" punctures which prevents me from realizing the full benefits of premium tires. Currently running a Shinko 009 Raven which I got for $100. About 4k miles on it and it looks like it's got another 4-5k more to go (hopefully). Will definitely update you all with my findings.

Edit: would like to add more frequent tire changes add little cost as I can mount + balance tires in the garage.
Everyone has their own balance sheet but this morning I rode about 20 miles on twisty mountain roads in heavy rain. Confidence in the two credit card sized tire contact patches while turning, braking, and accelerating in demanding conditions is worth my cost per mile.

I have been running shinko ravens on my nc700 for a few years now. I have shinko sr741 on my klx250sf, and shinkos on my C50 Boulevard. Love them

Everyone has their own balance sheet but this morning I rode about 20 miles on twisty mountain roads in heavy rain. Confidence in the two credit card sized tire contact patches while turning, braking, and accelerating in demanding conditions is worth my cost per mile.
Confidence exists only in the human brain, and is established by the individual based on experience. You mentioned cost per mile. If only there was an absolute correlation between the cost of a tire and it’s traction and handling abilities, or some type of reliable tire rating system. As there doesn’t seem to be, each rider will need to find for themselves what product at what price meets their needs.

Sometimes I get what I pay for, other times I don’t.

There are plenty of tire debates and recommendations in the TireTechTalk subforum. But since you mention the 009 Raven, I’ll say here that they are my go-to NC tire. I have run through about 8 different tires/brands, and now at 67,000 NC miles, from here on out the Ravens will be my default tire on the NC. The front gets excellent tread life, although I wish the rear would last longer. My problem is I ride too many straight, flat roads, so the rear center gets eaten away. Not all riders will agree on the Raven choice; it’s just my choice.

I mount and balance my own tires, too. Tires are ordered on-line, with free shipping and often no sales tax collected.

Day 60...drizzly most of the day even though the weather forecast just called for cloudy skies. Got out at dinner time for a 42 miler at 50 degrees on partially damp roads.

My neighbor texted me if I wanted to ride to Inverness Florida for the Nature Coast Bikefest. Wife was working so we ride down there. Ho-Hum. About 2 dozen vendors and 5 food trucks. Walked around and got some free trinkets and bought a couple of t-shirts. Listened to some music and came home. Only one bike dealer there, Crystal River Harley Davidson with 3 bikes (no test ride). Nice and sunny though and an hour ride in both directions.

Despite the ridicule sometimes received from fellow motorcyclists when trailering, I think it‘s a great option, at times. When I trailer to a destination, I better enjoy the riding while there. I take all my provisions with me, except fuel. I’m not dependent on hotels or restaurants, like many people are if they travel by motorcycle. I like it both ways, but trailering removes some of the hassle and increases comfort, while still allowing for a great motorcycle experience at the destination.
Not that I care what other people think about the choices I make, I had no idea that other riders/owners looked down on trailering rather than riding our bikes to wherever we choose to ride. I'd have to think those people who do that are mostly just idiots. I can't believe that they actually care and this must be some sort of posturing or "I'm so much better than you" thing.

Last edited:
I installed Oxford Premium Touring heated grips. The touring size fits perfectly. I had previously bought a set of the Adventure grips, but those were a bit too long for the NC, so I installed them on my Himalayan instead. It's wired directly to the battery. I tested the automatic shut off feature, and it worked.

Installed the PLX1111 rack and test fitted the Givi V37s last night. Was also going to install the E135 brake light kit but the 3M adhesive on one of the LED strips peeled off at some point and has hardened to a solid. Tried a heat gun with limited success, will try some of my wife's nail polish remover today.

Was a bit intimidating punching holes and drilling into the V47 and the plate, even with the pre-manufactured guides.

1000005124.jpg

Installed the PLX1111 rack and test fitted the Givi V37s last night. Was also going to install the E135 brake light kit but the 3M adhesive on one of the LED strips peeled off at some point and has hardened to a solid. Tried a heat gun with limited success, will try some of my wife's nail polish remover today.

Was a bit intimidating punching holes and drilling into the V47 and the plate, even with the pre-manufactured guides.

View attachment 53753
Good job!

That’s a pretty big hammer there on the floor. Makes me wonder how well the installation went.

Also had to return my Sargent seat. Looks like the material was pulled too tightly over the base which caused it to pull up and away from the frunk. I verified that the tab under the seat was slotting in.

Their customer service has been excellent though. They paid for a FedEx label to have the seat shipped back to them for repair/replacement.

OEM fitment
1000005102.jpg
1000005105.jpg

Sargent fitment
1000005103.jpg
1000005104.jpg

Good job!

That’s a pretty big hammer there on the floor. Makes me wonder how well the installation went.
Thanks! The Givi instructions just showed a hammer directly where the holes needed to be punched out so my monkey brain went with big hammer and a socket. After a few thwacks I came to and used a flat head like a chisel to perforate the diameter of the hole

Back