• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 61.. 53 degrees and sunny for this morning's 63 mile ride

Oh, and turned over another milestone on the ride

GiGNCWrh.jpg

Day 62 ..it's Sunday so for me that's the Airport Loop. Today I ran it counter-clockwise. 51 degrees sunny and windy for the 52 mile loop.

Last edited:
I realized Mrs. German was busy and it was supposed to go up to 15 C, so first road trip on the NC! For historic reasons, my first road trip on any bike is a reenactment of the first road trip I did on the Island, so off to Genoa Bay! The poor quality pic (taken from my table) is a pair of seals that were paddling around while I had lunch.

IMG_1864.jpegIMG_1869.jpeg

Milesprwr, can you provide a link to the mirrors you have on your bike? I keep seeing those pop up, and it looks like a better option than snapping the OEM versions.
@skills4lou, these are called Double Take Mirrors. Their original intention seems to be for adventure riding where they'll fold in if you hit some brush with your mirrors.

Doubletake Mirror - Indestructible Motorcycle front Mirrors - Adventure Set https://a.co/d/h3bnVVX

I got them to help with mirror clearance with my Madstad at full lock, but have really enjoyed their adjustability overall.

After I failed to install some bar risers, I inadvertently rotated the bars back a few degrees as evidenced by my lower sight picture in my mirrors. To my surprise, this made reaching controls like the turn signal and horn much easier and kept my right wrist in a more neutral position while cruising. As Bob Ross used to say, "a happy accident".

Not a chance in hell.
lol no biggie. Ground was too warm for it to stick. Riding into snow flurries is like when the Millenium Falcon launches forward into hyper space, just all these white streaks coming at you and rushing past. Kinda cool actually.

lol no biggie. Ground was too warm for it to stick. Riding into snow flurries is like when the Millenium Falcon launches forward into hyper space, just all these white streaks coming at you and rushing past. Kinda cool actually.
Described that way, now I want to do it. Does sound cool.

I tried out the seat slope mod on my morning commute and my butt couldn't tell much of a difference. My legs, however, felt quite nice. The aesthetic kinda bothered me though.

This all gave me the idea to call up Sargent since they just received my returned seat and asked them to build up the foam about an inch higher when they redo the seat.

Edit: For reference, I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam.

Last edited:
I took my NC-750 X mit der DCT, today, on a poppy peep ride, up in the hinterlands to the East of beautiful Bakersfield CA, and down to the West of Tehachapi, CA today and saw scads of golden rod flowers, but no poppies have popped up as of yet. Saw many freight trains wending their way up to, and down from the railroading marvel, the Tehachapi Loop. The near new Dunlop Trailmax D-609 O.E.M. tires are giving a good account of themselves, and after about 500 miles on them, their nubs of shame are just about gone. The stock suspension seems to be softening a bit, as the ride seems a bit more plush than when the bike was new, though the suspension is not yet as plush as the suspension on my 1984 Honda VF-1100S, but I am hoping the NC's ride will become more plush as the miles accumulate. I am pondering of getting Honda panniers, and top box for my NC.

Harry From Tehachapi

Back