• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Recently started commuting ~75 miles daily in the Bay Area. Had the most amount of rain today so commute was about 1 hour but stayed bone dry! Wearing:
  • Alpinestars SMX S WP Boots
  • Dainese Blackshape Gloves
  • Tourmaster Centurion Laminated 1-Piece
  • Helite Turtle
  • My normal rain jacket
    1000004521.jpg
Really loving how the motorcycle saves 1-1.5 hours of commuting time daily. The NC is perfect for this!

Last edited:
I would think a large Nylon cutting board available at dollar stores would be ideal for that application. It could be drilled, then heated and bent for access to the gas cap, would be waterproof and could have extra slots drilled for bungies or rok straps.
That is a really clever idea.

Recently started commuting ~75 miles daily in the Bay Area. Had the most amount of rain today so commute was about 1 hour but stayed bone dry! Wearing:
  • Alpinestars SMX S WP Boots
  • Dainese Blackshape Gloves
  • Tourmaster Centurion Laminated 1-Piece
  • Helite Turtle
  • My normal rain jacket
    View attachment 53615
Really loving how the motorcycle saves 1-1.5 hours of commuting time daily. The NC is perfect for this!
Hey miles. Nice to see you enjoying the bike. How does riding your bike save you that much time? Filtering or special lanes?

Hey miles. Nice to see you enjoying the bike. How does riding your bike save you that much time? Filtering or special lanes?
It's a combination of a few things. In CA, motorcycles can use the express lane (carpool lane) for free which saves a good chunk of time. If the express lane is slow, lane splitting/filtering is legal and encouraged. Those two aspects + the massive amount of traffic and the distance I need to cover translate to big time savings.

The DCT makes lane splitting much easier as well!

The last item I'm waiting on is a Sargent seat. Right around the 45 min mark my butt starts getting sore. So I wanted a seat that could extend that time to ~2-3 hours. Hopefully will never spend that much time commuting one way.

I've been using the 24" Madstad on my 2013 to good effect but noticed that my barkbusters would interfere with the windscreen regardless of how I would configure it.

I worked with Blair and he asked for some measurements so they could custom cut a 24" screen to clear my handguards. It took some time but they got it made and shipped at no cost to me. Installed it recently and works like a dream. No noticeable difference in wind protection either. Huge shout out to all the folks at Madstad who stand behind their products and went out of their way to help me out!

1000004866.jpg

I've been using the 24" Madstad on my 2013 to good effect but noticed that my barkbusters would interfere with the windscreen regardless of how I would configure it.

I worked with Blair and he asked for some measurements so they could custom cut a 24" screen to clear my handguards. It took some time but they got it made and shipped at no cost to me. Installed it recently and works like a dream. No noticeable difference in wind protection either. Huge shout out to all the folks at Madstad who stand behind their products and went out of their way to help me out!

View attachment 53618
That is old school customer service, I miss that a lot.

View attachment 53618
Madstad is great and Blair has been there a long time but when I had that template screen and Barkbusters on my 2015 I took it to a plastic fabrication shop and for $20 they trimmed 1/2" off the "ears" on the lower corners.

Madstad is great and Blair has been there a long time but when I had that template screen and Barkbusters on my 2015 I took it to a plastic fabrication shop and for $20 they trimmed 1/2" off the "ears" on the lower corners.
Great idea dduelin. Do you just Google plastic fabrication shops nearby and give them a ring? I've always assumed shops like that are busy with commercial orders to do a one off job.

Great idea dduelin. Do you just Google plastic fabrication shops nearby and give them a ring? I've always assumed shops like that are busy with commercial orders to do a one off job.
My career was in transportation sales and I knew my territory very well having been in most every business in it at one time or the other. The shop is one I knew but a Google search for lexan or acrylic suppliers should find something close to you.

Some of us are comfortable cutting plastic windshields at home (The Ferret I’m thinking of you) but I doubt my ability to not ruin it.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I put a Gears gel seat cushion on my 2021 NC700S. Extra padding was not the primary goal; I mostly wanted to reduce the sliding, without spending the time and money for recovering the seat, and I figured that since extra seat height was a plus for me, this might be the answer. Early reports (50 km today) say that it was. It looks a little dorky, but who cares? It is 1.5” thick, and doesn’t compress much. I used the Medium size. It has hooks so that it can be removed, leaving the straps in place, but I suspect I’ll only do that when the situation calls for it. I feel more ”on the bike” than “in the bike”, but I’ll get used to that. Riding over know roads, it definitely takes a lot of the hit out of the bumps, and (most important) I don’t slide forward.

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpeg
    IMG_1848.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 4
I put a 16t countershaft sprocket on yesterday. The bike only has 2400 miles on it so not concerned that the chain and rear sprocket are worn. The change gave me the oomph I was looking for in 1st gear. Will be putting new tires on soon.

My sons want to go back to TN this year and ride their new bikes (2023 Ninja1000sx and 2024 Gsxr750) We stayed in Tellico plains last time and want to stay east of the TOTD this time and ride it again but also some different roads. Will be riding the NC750X on this trip

I put a 16t countershaft sprocket on yesterday. The bike only has 2400 miles on it so not concerned that the chain and rear sprocket are worn. The change gave me the oomph I was looking for in 1st gear. Will be putting new tires on soon.

My sons want to go back to TN this year and ride their new bikes (2023 Ninja1000sx and 2024 Gsxr750) We stayed in Tellico plains last time and want to stay east of the TOTD this time and ride it again but also some different roads. Will be riding the NC750X on this trip
I've stayed in the Waynesville area (Sylva, Waynesville, Lake Junaluska) most every year since 2010. I try to make 3 trips a year up there and usually stay around Blairsville/Suches one trip and Waynesville the other. Waynesville is central to the areas I like to ride when I'm up there and there are lots of camping/cabin/hotel lodging arrangements to choose from. The TOTD/TN360/Cherohala loop is 50 miles west and Mars Hill/Barnardsville/Roan Man, Erwin, Hot Hotsprings area is about an hour NNE. Blue Ridge Pwky/NC215/276 is just to the south. Can't wait for April!

The weather couldn’t decide what to do long enough for me to decide to go for a ride, so instead I installed a Fiamm low-tone horn on my NC. I don’t use the horn enough to justify twin horns and a relay, but the low-tone is definitely a step up from stock. I learned from my previous installation on my CBR300R, and made extension wires so that I could point the opening downward. The Fiamm on my CBR drowned!

I haven't been on the NC much lately but got it out this morning for a nice 150 mile ride. I stopped at the Folkston Funnel to take a break and saw a (to me) unusual train event. The are two parallel sets of tracks at the Funnel and a faster train overtook a slower one right at the viewing area. The nearest one was doing about 30 and the further one was going faster, quite a bit faster.

IMG_3949.jpeg

Back