• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A bear!!!

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's right- I knew I'd get your attention if I had a thread title like that! So here goes the story. It was a Bear to put my OEM support brackets on last night. This is important - if your have the pannier grabrails and carrier rack and John McKays backrest they will all have to be taken off to put the support bracket parts on. Took me all of 3 hours to do this last night. There were so many bolts, washers, and spacers I seriously thought of taking a pic of them to show you guys. So after busting my knuckles and swearing all night, I finally finished remounting everything back on, filing the wheel well. Oh I forgot I had to remove my hugger, front seat and I don't know how many of those little SOB plastic stay things (as you can tell I hate them). All the agrevation was well worth it. Hold yourself back because this is one hot looking Nancy now!

20130920_074140[1].jpg

9-20-2013 4-36-27 PM.jpg

I almost ran over a bear in my exploder when I lived in northern Saskatchewan. Actually, now that I think about it, it might just have been my boss's wife.....

Your bike looks good with the bags on though, well done. I'd love a set of those on my S.

I'd love to be able to afford of set of Honda side cases. My wife would KILL me if I bought a set and saw the cost :p I'd would have to permanently wear my neck brace

When riding in Canada and Alaska the bears come up on the roadsides for the road kill meals that we provide as drivers. Sure makes it hard for us bikers, having to compete with the bears for lunch.

I bought my bike with everything already installed but when I lift up the rear seat I can see where the OEM support brackets mount. Mine looks like someone actually cut the plastic to make them work. Looks like it is necessary. I've never seen it talked about in the forum but I have not been here long.

20130921_110348.jpg

20130921_110355.jpg

at some point it will have had a honda rack. to fit them you need to cut the plastics.

but with my racks etc no need to.
smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten.gif

I have seen a bear cross the road twice in front of my motorcycle. Once was in NC and the other time was in FL.

The Honda panniers look good.

Sgt., John is correct the plastic rear fairing under the seat needs to be cut for the new handrails.

I figured it had to otherwise they would not have done it. Did you cut yours out and did you have some kind of template? How did you go about doing that?

I also had a struggle installing the side cases. It took me two evenings because I'm not very mechanical and didn't want to mess anything up. My bike already had the mount for the Top Case when I bought it, and it would have been so nice if the dealer had also put the side case mounts on at the same time. But they are on now and getting them there is only a distant memory.

Back