• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - A Texas Butter Goes Alaskan

OCR hope you heal quickly and get bike sorted soon. We were driving up the 1 from LA to San Fran about the time you were going up and I kept an eye out but did not cross your path. Brilliant trip but too bad it has had to end like this.

OCR hope you heal quickly and get bike sorted soon. We were driving up the 1 from LA to San Fran about the time you were going up and I kept an eye out but did not cross your path. Brilliant trip but too bad it has had to end like this.

I doubt that it has ended.

He has survived flying helicopters in Vietnam, getting smacked in the head by a Nolan Ryan fastball, and goodness knows what else in his day. I doubt he'll regard this as more than a temporary annoyance and I look forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

I gotta meet this guy one day! OCR, on your next trip to FLA dinner is on me!

I doubt that it has ended.

He has survived flying helicopters in Vietnam, getting smacked in the head by a Nolan Ryan fastball, and goodness knows what else in his day. I doubt he'll regard this as more than a temporary annoyance and I look forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

I found it very touching that a stranger picked him up, did the right thing, then went on her way like it's just routine.....doing right because it is right, without the other person even knowing your name, without waiting around to be thanked.....those are the hallmarks of the Lone Ranger, and it makes an American heart swell with pride to know that sort of thing is still with us today, in real life.

And let's not forget the total strangers who set out to recover his bike for him.

Very cold places must produce some very warm people.

Has anyone heard anything from Old Can ride? The status of his arm or bike? What he is going to do at this point if he can ride or if his bike is fixable to ride?

I have been searching the threads to find out but haven't seen anything. Just concerned...

smileyquestion.jpg

Just a thought from a new guy. He seems to have folks on this forum who know him pretty well. In the "Little Help" thread he posted when he went down, there is a phone number. Perhaps some one of you could give it a try and post the results?

I just talked to OCR, he's ok. He had a nasty tumble in Alaska and dislocated his shoulder. His bike is messed up, but he bought a truck and they're both on their way back from Alaska. He is out of cellular range so he wasn't able to update, but thought you guys would like to know he's bruised by ok.

I just talked to OCR, he's ok. He had a nasty tumble in Alaska and dislocated his shoulder. His bike is messed up, but he bought a truck and they're both on their way back from Alaska. He is out of cellular range so he wasn't able to update, but thought you guys would like to know he's bruised by ok.

Yes, thanks for the update. Was getting quite worried.

Thanks, JP!

Kind of a bad way to end his trip, but no one can deny it wasn't an adventure! Maybe there will be more stories and tales of derring-do this way, than simply doing it the "easy" way, for OCR, lol. He always has the best stories to tell. :D

Rock on, OCR!

Back