• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

African Twin

the AT needed more riding input at the handlebars when transitioning through a series of tight S bends on a narrow well surfaced road that I like to ride.

I imagine that has a lot to do with the 21 inch front tire.

What I'm trying to do now is avoid getting a new Interceptor, which are selling at $5k off MSRP in my town. I can put off a $13k bike fairly easily. :eek:

I imagine that has a lot to do with the 21 inch front tire.

What I'm trying to do now is avoid getting a new Interceptor, which are selling at $5k off MSRP in my town. I can put off a $13k bike fairly easily. :eek:

Where are new Interceptors selling for $7,500?

Lee

Are they actually selling at $7500 or is that just the bait-and-switch price before fees? We've been through this exercise before. You may recall how the neighboring Waukesha dealer was very untruthful in their Craigslist ad.

Recall that I actually emailed them after your call and got a different answer. Yes there were adders to the bottom line, but the price was still legit in my opinion. So not untruthful, but I would admit a little hard to trust.

Southeast Sales in Milwaukee is as legit as dealers come. The guy running the place now, I cannot say I'm close buddies with, but I practically grew up with him from single digit age. The very long standing service guys know me by name and recall my first project bike like it was yesterday. (A Honda Nighthawk 700s that I pulled the motor out of for new gear dogs and forks.) TOP NOTCH DEALER ALL AROUND.

Recall that I actually emailed them after your call and got a different answer. Yes there were adders to the bottom line, but the price was still legit in my opinion. So not untruthful, but I would admit a little hard to trust.

Southeast Sales in Milwaukee is as legit as dealers come. The guy running the place now, I cannot say I'm close buddies with, but I practically grew up with him from single digit age. The very long standing service guys know me by name and recall my first project bike like it was yesterday. (A Honda Nighthawk 700s that I pulled the motor out of for new gear dogs and forks.) TOP NOTCH DEALER ALL AROUND.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but my question was simple. Are they actually selling it for $7500? Yes? No?

Edit to add: I emailed them and $7576 is the actual price, less tax and title. It sure is refreshing to find a dealer with truthful advertising. It would be a no-brainier to buy at Milwaukee instead of Waukesha.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be confrontational, but..............

...........but you kinda are!

Nobody would walk into these shops with a check for the amount in the ad and expect to walk out with the item. Tax, tittle, license, other various processing fees, even the well known profit of dealer prep. Hell, they charged me prep on my NC!

Every dealer is a little different when it comes to out the door pricing, but they should be in the same ball park. The dealer in Waukesha selling the NC700 for $4500 was a fair ball and in the park, no other dealer could touch their pricing. I want to make sure that gets across.

...........but you kinda are!

Nobody would walk into these shops with a check for the amount in the ad and expect to walk out with the item. Tax, tittle, license, other various processing fees, even the well known profit of dealer prep. Hell, they charged me prep on my NC!

Every dealer is a little different when it comes to out the door pricing, but they should be in the same ball park. The dealer in Waukesha selling the NC700 for $4500 was a fair ball and in the park, no other dealer could touch their pricing. I want to make sure that gets across.

That the buying public accepts this absurd practice of dealers hiding extra costs and fees is why it continues. I refuse to do business with any dealer that is not up front with the price. If enough people would do the same, these hidden fee games would stop.

The Milwaukee dealer was honest, hence he would get my business if I had a need and his price was right. The Waukesha guy, no way. His ad failed to disclose $833 in hidden fees.

Last edited:
An excellent video explaining the DCT and featuring the AT:
[video=youtube;vgj_ZUZa3WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgj_ZUZa3WA[/video]
God give me the strength not to sign anything if I go to the Honda dealer !

I just got this feeling from the vid that once I get accustomed to the dct I probably wouldn't even think about going back to a manual clutch. You just get on it and go...kewl.

I have done bad snow on a motorcycle three times in my life. First time was on the Blue Ridge in March. That time I was on a Suzuki 750 GS. The second time I did bad snow was in Utah. That time I was on a Goldwing in March when I got caught in a blizard between Provo and Salt Lake City. The next morning at the hotel all I could see on my bike was the handlebars, all else was under snow. The last time in hard snow was on my NC7 in Canada in July in the mountains near the Toad River Lodge on the Alaska Highway. I can say that all three times I had to ride in bad snow where not fun!

I have done bad snow on a motorcycle three times in my life. First time was on the Blue Ridge in March. That time I was on a Suzuki 750 GS. The second time I did bad snow was in Utah. That time I was on a Goldwing in March when I got caught in a blizard between Provo and Salt Lake City. The next morning at the hotel all I could see on my bike was the handlebars, all else was under snow. The last time in hard snow was on my NC7 in Canada in July in the mountains near the Toad River Lodge on the Alaska Highway. I can say that all three times I had to ride in bad snow where not fun!
Looking at this video made me feel at home...we still have lots of snow here, the driveway is fully iced and the NC is still stored :/

Believe these fellows gave all these bikes the fairness that each bike does deserve. It is almost impossible to find a bad adventure motorcycle in todays market. Being I bleed Honda red, I just believe that dollar for dollar that the Honda Africa Twin to be the best value.

[video=youtube;fI3VRFBYJ5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3VRFBYJ5E[/video]

There was one trip 6 or so years ago returning from the SW states where there was a fair amount of snow on top of some ice in spots through the Rockies. I was so relieved once I made it through but yet another surprise unfolded when I reached Kansas and began to head N. Winds began to pick up violently all the way from Kansas through Neb. and into S Dakota they were a constant 75mph. straight line wind. The only thing I could do was keep the bike in a low gear , keep the r's up and hang on to the bars. As I was powering my way through I thought I'll take the ice and snow back. I was so exhausted by the time I got to the Black Hills for the night. I slept well that night.

Back