• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Angel eyes turn signals/aux lights

Floridaheat

Reaction score
Visit site
I decided that I wasn't a fan of the "shrek ears signals and replaced them with angel eye Aux lights. Besides removing all the plastic the process was fairly easy if you have basic soldering skills. The LED lights are super bright when on, and the angel eyes are eye catching as running lights and highly visible when blinking as signals. The only down side is that my indicator lights on the dash are always on. Oh well, it'll notify me of a fault sooner.

20171021_120951_zpsx0y09mj6.jpg

20171021_120945_HDR_zps3dmr6wxb.jpg

20171021_220838_zpsnsl3wqzn.jpg

Now, that's something different!

Awesome.

Wow, I assume the beam shot is with the angel eye lights only? I would be pointing them a bit higher, but that's just me.

Cool look, Almost seems like your bike should be powered by ions and floating over the ground. Very futuristic.

I am guessing you have the angel eyes wired up with both the running light and signal light wires. If you put a diode on the signal light wire on both sides that should stop the power from feeding back and get rid of the lights on your instrument panel.

If you add some relays you could have them come on with high beams and turn off on the side you are signaling on so the indicators aren't washed out...:cool:

It's hard to tell how well you can actually see at night but it looks awesome. I'm curious why your turn indicators on the dash stay on but your blinkers work? If you run into problems or fix your oddities be sure to let us know.

There is a lot more light spill than the picture shows. I'm going to re-aim the beams a but so they dont all converge. I was shooting from the hip on install because it mounts the same as the blinkers.
I'm going to try the diodes in the near future. I thought about doing the highbeams wired to the aux lights but it was just TOO bright. The angel eyes are the running lights and I tap the high beam to cycle between low and high beam. Aux lights are to a seperate switch

The laser that make it glow red shoot almost straight up. If you are more than 30ft away you cant see red. Maybe if you got down level with it and were absolutely perfectly centered with it.

So I figured out the constant indicators on problem. The eureka moment came when a friend pointed out that the rear signals were now always on. Stupid me forget that I bypassed the blinker positive by mistake. I unsoldered the solid light blue wire and ran a small 3" strip of amber LEDs inside the aux light housing. Light blue wire to POS and the neg right to the frame. Bam! All fixed. Not as bright when flashing as the OEM signal, but its bright enough to see. It looks better in person, the aux lights overpower it for the camera.

20171023_205909_HDR_zpsxcghdamg.jpg

I dont want to really post links, but I got them from Amazon. Just search for "Cree U7 lights". They are sold under many brands but Im sure are all made at the same place in China. Just check to make sure they dont ship right from there to save shipping time.

Back