• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Annoying Noise

Just a thought, check your little radiator fan. Perhaps you have a leaf or a defective bearing in the motor and you hear it when it kicks on, that is unless it is a constant noise because my fan rarely comes on at all, only during long idle periods.

The demo 700S I rode had the Bridgestone, then my 700S turned up with the Metzlers. I found the Bridgestone made a lot more road noise than the Metzler....

mine makes a sort of rattle type noise also, seems like its coming from the engine and being amplified by the hollow storage area. i notice it mostly under 40 mph, but its always there. it does almost sound like bearings or something, but i'm not too worried about it. no knocking or anything to speak of, figured it may just be wind making strange noises.

Most all bikes will make ,more noise with a bigger windshield, the noise was always there but now you have more of a dead air space behind the shield, where you can really here it. With a bigger shield you get less wind, b ut more mechanical noise.

Hi i've had exactly the same noise on two demo bikes and my own bike changed the screen no change taped up the inside of the fairing no change took screen off no change its not screen related i'm sure. Revved the engine when i heard the noise it didn't change so it's not engine related so the tyre noise is a good guess if anybody finds a solution please let me know thank you paul.

I would ride until I hear the noise, then pull the clutch and dead-man-switch the bike and hear if the noise goes away. If it doesn't, it will at least double your chances of finding the sound. I can just imagine what will happen if front wheel bearings would seize... brrr cold shivers down my spine. Find a happy place find a happy place.

Only funny noises on my bike are the grizzly front brakes and the water pump has a "leave me alone, I am eating sand" type of wzzzz
Oh and me giggling like a hyena.

After riding the bike a few more months I am leaning toward the tire theory on the noise. The timbre of the noise seems to change as I hit different road surfaces, sometimes noisier, sometimes quieter depending on how rough the surface is. Guess I'll just have to wait until I need new tires and then get something other than the Bridgestones.

There are several "noises" to be heard on this bike. The most audible (under acceleration) is coming from the airbox just behind the headstock. It is a sort of hiss which accentuates almost to a metallic ticking under full throttle. It bothered me at first but then I got used to it and found that others were experiencing something similar.

There are also some rattles from the storage lid latch over bumpy ground. The clutch rattles on tickover but this is attributable to aspects of the clutch pushrod mentioned on other threads and also to the 270 degree aspect of the crankshaft which has the same firing aspect as a 90 degree V twin.

All bikes have their own peculiar little sounds, and unless they sound destructive, they largely tend to be normal.

Hi guys and girls I am new to this forum and I am new to the NC as I have recently purchased a low mileage 2015 NC750S. I to have this annoying noise coming from the front that seems to have nothing to do with the engine or drive chain and I can not hear it if I:

- Look straight down at the tank/storage compartment
- Lean off the bike either side
- Run the bike on a rear axle stand

One independent garage said it was the pads scrapping on the front disk as when you spin the wheel it clearly rubs, however I got this sorted so it spins freely but it made no difference. I hear many suggest its the tyres and I do have Bridgestones on mine but the noise sounds metallic like a scraping, which is why i assume the garage thought it was the disks/pads. I took it to the local Honda dealer and they said they could hear it but suggested it was normal.

I did hear the exact same on my MT-07 which also had the same tyres but it was no where near as load. It also disappeared after the last service it had at the dealer but returned a couple of hundred miles later. When i returned it to the garage and they took it out for a spin they said the bike was fine and the noise was normal. because of this I assumed it could not be tyres.

So I am wondering if anyone since this was first posted in 2012 has actually confirmed what it is and before I go and change the Bridgestones whether it actually is the tyres and if so what to change them to to reduce it. In the mean time I wear earplugs with my full face helmet but when i where my Shark Evo One with earplugs its still too annoying.

Hi guys and girls I am new to this forum and I am new to the NC as I have recently purchased a low mileage 2015 NC750S. I to have this annoying noise coming from the front that seems to have nothing to do with the engine or drive chain and I can not hear it if I:

- Look straight down at the tank/storage compartment
- Lean off the bike either side
- Run the bike on a rear axle stand

One independent garage said it was the pads scrapping on the front disk as when you spin the wheel it clearly rubs, however I got this sorted so it spins freely but it made no difference. I hear many suggest its the tyres and I do have Bridgestones on mine but the noise sounds metallic like a scraping, which is why i assume the garage thought it was the disks/pads. I took it to the local Honda dealer and they said they could hear it but suggested it was normal.

I did hear the exact same on my MT-07 which also had the same tyres but it was no where near as load. It also disappeared after the last service it had at the dealer but returned a couple of hundred miles later. When i returned it to the garage and they took it out for a spin they said the bike was fine and the noise was normal. because of this I assumed it could not be tyres.

So I am wondering if anyone since this was first posted in 2012 has actually confirmed what it is and before I go and change the Bridgestones whether it actually is the tyres and if so what to change them to to reduce it. In the mean time I wear earplugs with my full face helmet but when i where my Shark Evo One with earplugs its still too annoying.

Probably just the noise which comes up thru the front channel (just in front of the frunk). Some riders really complain about it, some don't. Check your chain cause I have noticed if chain is too tight, the noise coming up thru the channel increases.

Back