• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anybody else get a survey about the NC?

I replaced the one on my Gold Wing as well for a large chunk of change. I am 6'5" so I put a Hartco Tall boy on the GL and it is wonderful. I think I am a little too big for the NC, but it is too much fun. No, I don't think we will get anything from them, but some enterprising seat company will step up.

My dollar came in the mail yesterday. I rode 300 miles 1 day and I think the seat is ok, better than my Sprint. Just to give some balance to the rants and I'm getting 78 mpg.:)

I got the generic phone call initial purchase mini-survey, but nothing other than that, so far.

Also, despite the fact that it was me who alerted the dealer about the chain recall even before I bought my NC, not only did they not swap the chain for a new one in the week I was waiting to pick up the bike, they have not called me about coming in for it, and I have not received anything in the mail about a recall.

I won't hold my breath for this other mailed out questionaire. Must be an American thing. We certainly wouldn't be getting a dollar along with it, up here lol! (aside from the fact we don't even have bills, but use dollar coins)

My answer would say I am happy with my seat though, heehee!

I wonder if they would "get it" if I wrote: THRUM THRUM THRUM in big red letters across the front of the page? lol

I filled mine out last night. Its going in the mail today. Looks like Honda is going to get
the message regarding the seat. Our first generation NC's will go down in history as "The model with
the bad seat on it.". -Making it more collectable & valuable of course! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had to replace the seat on bikes costing twice what an NC does. I've never seen a factory seat that's any good.

Agreed, but there's a big difference between switching out a mediocre stock seat for a wonderful custom seat and the situation with the NC. Personally, I am getting really tired of sitting on my testicles.

Agreed, but there's a big difference between switching out a mediocre stock seat for a wonderful custom seat and the situation with the NC. Personally, I am getting really tired of sitting on my testicles.

Beemerphile said it best! "I always throw away the stock seat, but I'd like to throw away something better than this." :D

My survey came with a really wore out dollar bill from 2006. :D

Usually they are brand new never circulated. This one is has seen more than a few wallets and probably other stuff I don't want to think about.

WGW

Got mine today, just filled it out and will mail it tomorrow. I hit them with the uncomfortable seat also, I think they will get the hint and hopefully improve it for future owners. Oh, and by the way, mine came with a brand new $10 bill. I guess things really are bigger and better in TEXAS!!!!!

I can't decide whether I like the seat okay, hate it, or don't really care.

IF they decide to send me a survey, I was kinda thinking of telling them the stock horn is significantly less than totally useless. I honestly and truly can barely hear it when riding along at ~50 mph. Motorcycles should have the LOUDEST horns on the road, not the quietest.

I can't decide whether I like the seat okay, hate it, or don't really care.

IF they decide to send me a survey, I was kinda thinking of telling them the stock horn is significantly less than totally useless. I honestly and truly can barely hear it when riding along at ~50 mph. Motorcycles should have the LOUDEST horns on the road, not the quietest.

In keeping with the budget nature of the machine they substituted a clothes dryer buzzer in place of the horn. I have a box of take-off parts that is almost complete enough to build a motorcycle from. Seat, lights, horn, suspension, windscreen, handlebar, handgrips, control levers, ...

I told them that I always replace the seat but had hoped to throw away something nicer than what they provided.

I haven't gotten a survey, but would someone complain about delivery of accessories please? You would think that accessories for a bike that has been for two years in Europe would be available in the U.S. without waiting, and waiting and waiting, and then not delivered on the date given.

I haven't gotten a survey, but would someone complain about delivery of accessories please? You would think that accessories for a bike that has been for two years in Europe would be available in the U.S. without waiting, and waiting and waiting, and then not delivered on the date given.

I don't know about minland Europe but in the UK the NC only came out early 2012. it was first shown at the Bike show Nov 2011. I bought the first one my dealer sold which was March 2012 and had to wait delivery

I got a phone survey a couple weeks ago. They wanted me to rate every satement from 0 to 5, 5 being the best. Guess what I said when the guy told me "What to you think about the availability of the accessories for your new bike" I said "0". The guy wasn't sure, he thought there was a glitch on the line, he asked me to repeat !

Back