• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bar backs

Does anyone make bar backs for our bike or one that will fit ?

I have a set of Rox risers/backs that I bought for my F800ST that was one of the saviours for me to able to ride that bike as much as I did before trading it in.

I made sure to remove them so I could use them for my NC700X if I so desired. :)

These for example, would work just fine for the NCX

ROX Handle Bar Adjustable/Pivoting Risers for 7/8' (22mm) by 7/8' Handle Bars- BLACK - FAST Shipping | Adventure Designs

Either my arms are apishly long or my standard for comfort is low, seeing as I enjoy the stock ergonomics for the most part.

Just for shits and giggles: how well do the cables and hydraulic lines going to the handlebars work with the extension? On past bikes, I've had to reroute things under the tank to accommodate less torturous bar positions. Any reroutes needed on the NC7? I'm not ruling risers out, but I am curious.

The cables seem fine for me but I'm adding a longer brake line. Some of the roads require standing up, the risers make this more comfortable for me.

The cables seem fine for me but I'm adding a longer brake line. Some of the roads require standing up, the risers make this more comfortable for me.
That makes total sense. I think that's the one time I've thought the bars were too low or forward was when I posted while riding over obstacles. The roads out my way can be rough, but they haven't deteriorated to that point... yet.

Either my arms are apishly long or my standard for comfort is low, seeing as I enjoy the stock ergonomics for the most part
Same here. The stock position was a little too upright for me.

I put Rox risers and ProTaper YZ Hi bars, which actually gave the bars slightly less rise and pullback from stock. Now they're just right (for me).

I sit at the back of the seat for leg room which puts me leaning forward a little so I was holding myself up with the handlebars which made my wrist sore after a while. With the risers I'm not doing that. I like the Rox risers because you now have 2 adjustment points to work with.

As far as fitment, I fiddled with the cables a little and got the slack I needed without taking any bodywork off. The brake hose is the only part that concerns me a little. I had to angle up the hose mount on the lower triple-tree. The hose is long enough but the rubber grommet for the clamp is molded into the hose so it can't slide down. I may replace the hose, if I can figure where and what to order, or see if I can make a grommet.

I have Rox risers on my DCT. The brake hose goes to the ABS modulator just under the front forks. I had to move the brake handle 3/4" inward to make it work. The hose is still snug, I am thinking of rerouting it if I can figure out how...

I have Rox risers on my DCT. The brake hose goes to the ABS modulator just under the front forks. I had to move the brake handle 3/4" inward to make it work. The hose is still snug, I am thinking of rerouting it if I can figure out how...

Hrrmm... That actually works really well with the PowerMadd Handguards I installed since it move the reservoir inboard about 3/4". Good to know in case I decide to try some of these out.

Back