• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Gas Mileage.

why not? it's only a few cents difference on such small tank. ok,maybe a dollar at max. but in exchange you are getting maximum performance and mpg. why it's a must to use premium on german cars? from my experience-it's better for your car\bike. i've mentioned here that i use to deliver parts on little 95 nissan sentra. using corp. gas card i always filled it with 93. after 450000 miles car was like new,but eventually totaled in rear end accident. mobil syntetic oil and premium fuel. that was my recipe.

Most people think that higher octane in gasoline supercharges the combustion in an engine cylinder, giving them additional power and performance. It is this misunderstanding of what octane actually does which leads people to spend more on gasoline than they really need to. Octane is an inhibitor that inhibits the gasoline from igniting during compression instead of the spark from the plug. High performance engines require high octane due to their increase in compression-the higher the octane, the more ignition by compression is inhibited. The ignition during compression is what we refer to as 'knocking'. The higher octane does not increase performance, it keeps high performance engines from igniting the gas too soon; our nc700x engines are not high performance engines-thus, no worry about ignition during the compression.

Best Tank 80.6 MPG. That was on a weekend ride with a friend. Mostly low speed twisties with some high speed stretches. All bags off.
Worst tank 52.6 MPG. That was on a recent road trip with my wife. 2-up loaded for a 4 day trip with the honda saddle bags and tail bag. 80 mile an hour freeway with fairly strong winds through Wyoming and South Dakota.

75.2 on last tank. Avg daily commute is 18 miles at 45-50 mph to work, 1 mile for lunch, 18 miles down the freeway at 80-85mph, then 12 miles at 45 mph thru the twisties. Keeping it below 4500 and above 3000 seems to be the secret. Have large windscreen, big square cooler box on the tail, and my 240lb keyster to deal with. Worst ever was 68mpg on a freeway trip to PHX and back.

On a solid freeway ride for nearly the whole tank 65-70 mph the whole way I averaged 78 mpg for the tank. Keep in mind when other cars are on the freeway there's a wind tunnel effect helpng your mpg. I know on other long distance rides on empty back roads mpg was only about 70 mpg with 65-70 mph speeds.

I have been flirting with 80 this past month but can never reach it. 79.4 was the best tank (commuting). I even put in extra in that fill up, just to make sure I don't artificially create a higher MPG. My running average (last 10 tanks) is 77.4.

IMG_0787.jpg
88.7 to 44.3 is my range of mileages

Got 300+ miles on my last tank. I was on my way to Costco to refill on $2.9299 regular and ran out at 306 miles. 83.7 MPG was what it came out to. Luckily, it was right in front of another gas station. I've been getting regular 80mpgs+ since May on regular gas. It's the altitude, 5200 ft generally and my commute isn't too fast. I usually go 45 to 50 mph and try to coast in neutral up to the light. I just started trying to kill the engine if it's gonna be a long light. You can tell, if you are the first at the light, it's gonna be awhile. Sylvia starts right up, I have no fear of getting burned by a no start. Just went over 11K miles in the 2 years since I got her. My get to work regular ride nearly everyday.

Last edited:
Back