• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

best spot for wiring?

I agree...that is the most efficient way to do that.
If two wires will fit in one bullet connector, then that's what will happen!
I can leave the 3ways out entirely then, and it will still be REVERSABLE.
(Reversable if I remove the "M" bullet connector and then re-crimp the existing wire ONLY with an "M")

thank you ALL for taking the time to pour over this with me. It helps so much!

Here's the diagram WITHOUT 3WAY.

View attachment 5277

Attachments

• proof3.jpg
    proof3.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I agree...that is the most efficient way to do that.
If two wires will fit in one bullet connector, then that's what will happen!
I can leave the 3ways out entirely then, and it will still be REVERSABLE.

thank you all for taking the time to pour over this with me. It helps so much!

Two wires will fit, you just have to use the right size connector. They are normally color coded by the size wire they are made to accept. IIRC red is for the smaller wire size, blue for larger, and yellow for the largest (I may be wrong on the colors, but you get the idea). At any rate if 2 wires won't go into your connector, just get one made for a larger wire size.

Bob

And with that, youd have to cut your wire shorter amd make new connection ends if you want to remove it. You are already cutting your wire and stripping it back to make this connection. Youre gonna cut it again and strip back even further if u remove... Whats the point in that? If u do it my way, your wires will never have to be shortened again...

There is no way to remove that without cutting and adding new terminals. By then your original wires will be too short to reach each other. You will be forced to make a bunch of ugly splices to lengthen the wire and reconnect the circut

There is no way to remove that without cutting and adding new terminals. By then your original wires will be too short to reach each other. You will be forced to make a bunch of ugly splices to lengthen the wire and reconnect the circut

I was thinking about that very thing over dinner... so yes... I think I'll go with a connection that I can put in and take out WITHOUT cutting the wire more than once. Thanks for your expertise, Jay Fridays. I'm very glad for your instruction.

I just got another idea.

use can use the diagram you have above, with the 3-way taken out. Instead of bullets, the posiLock mentioned before seems to not need crimping. if you can fit two wires into the male connector, and you put the female on the other wire, you should be able to unscrew the posiLock and remove transmitter wire. Then just connect the posiLock back together..

I just got another idea.

use can use the diagram you have above, with the 3-way taken out. Instead of bullets, the posiLock mentioned before seems to not need crimping. if you can fit two wires into the male connector, and you put the female on the other wire, you should be able to unscrew the posiLock and remove transmitter wire. Then just connect the posiLock back together..

I was unable to find "PosiLocks" at my local home depot. I did read up on them on the net, and they seem very versitile.

I'm thinking I"ll go with this diagram: (after careful consideration. :))
The advantage with this last diagram is that I can put the transmitter in or take it out without cutting any wires.

proof4.jpg

OH NO... the device is actually here!

Now I have to actually do it... not just think about it!

let's start with something easy.... the transmitter has a yellow and white wire coming out of it.
Which one of those is ground?

Id guess white=ground... White is neutral in high voltage electrical... Neutral bonds to the ground.... So... There's my logic... That's all I got....lol

Why would they not just make it GREEN?!?!?

Last edited:
I was just kidding about that....
there are good video instructions... but to answer your question...the directions on the back refer to the red/black wires that come out of the transmitter when it has white and yellow.
I'll watch the video below and figure it out again.

according to the video WHITE is ground and YELLOW is hot.
I'm glad I looked... I'll watch that again before I proceed.

[video=youtube;EHle_QozFZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHle_QozFZM[/video]

Last edited:
It's all done!! and it all works, and it's reversable!
Thank you all for the help.
With all the planning, it went sooo smoothly!
[video]http://www.richmolnar.com/Sounds/Homer%20-%20Woohoo!%20%281%29.wav[/video]

Awesome!! I can't wait to get mine now... One more question.. Where did you order the transmitter kit from? I just found out the store i ordered from does not have them in stock.
:(

Awesome!! I can't wait to get mine now... One more question.. Where did you order the transmitter kit from? I just found out the store i ordered from does not have them in stock.
:(

Jafrum is showing them as in stock and on sale. I think they were about $27

By the way, while re- reading this thread I noticed some comments on Posi-locks. Posi-lock makes several types of connectors. The ones I was referring to are the Posi-taps.

Bob

Thanks. I just purchased it from Jafrum and canceled my other order. I didnt realize iy said "not available" on the j&p website. And yes. I saw those positaps. They are a nicer version of the taps that come with the kit. But it's just inconvenient to have to order the Taps online and wait for shipping.... They should sell them at local shops....

Back